Distributed Data Management
GDD is a research group of LS2N, University of Nantes. GDD stands for "Gestion de Données Distribuées" that can be translated to "Distributed Data Management". GDD is working in federated distributed systems following 3 research directions:
- federated data structures and consistency,
- collaborative data sharing in federations,
- security and usage control in federations.
- Fundations of distributed system; distributed algorithms, consistency, replication, availability, fault-tolerance, scalability,
- Distributed Data Management in Web of Data: data integration, social semantic web, linked data,
- Privacy and confidentiality in distributed data management
These topics are present in the following scientific domains:
- Distributed and Parallel Computing (ICDCS, PODC),
- Databases (VLDB,SIGMOD),
- WWW and Semantic web (WWW,ISWC).
GDD is member of Labex Comin Labs. The CominLabs federate the best teams from Bretagne and Nantes regions in the broad area of telecommunications, from electronic devices to wide area distributed applications “over the top”.
The last evaluation report for GDD is available here.