- C. Yang. CoMM: a collaborative mixed model to dissecting genetic contributions to complex traits by leveraging regulatory information. Distinguished lecture session Recent Advances in Statistical Genetics, IMS-APRM, June, 26, 2018. [link]
- C. Yang. Adaptive False Discovery Rate Regression With Application In Integrative Analysis of Large-Scale Genomic Data. 2017 IASC-ARS/NZSA Conference, 10-14 December, Auckland.
- C. Yang. Recent Advances in Statistical Genomics. 2017 IMS China, International Conference on Statistics and Probability. Nanning, Guangxi, June 29 – July 1, 2017.
- C. Yang. IMAC: A Statistical Framework for Integrating Multiple Annotations to Characterize Functional Roles. 2017 ICSA Applied Statistics Symposium in Chicago. June 25–June 28, 2017.
- C. Yang. EM meets Boosting in big genomic data analysis. Invited talk at Xi’an JiaoTong University, Xi’an, Dec., 27. 2016.
- C. Yang. A Unified Statistical Framework for Exploring the Genetic Architecture of Human Complex Phenotypes Using Summary Statistics. Invited talk at Department of Management Sciences, City University of Hong Kong, Sept. 23, 2016.
- C. Yang. A statistical approach to colocalizing risk variants in multiple GWAS. Invited talk at The 4th Institute of Mathematical Statistics Asia Pacific Rim Meeting. June 29, 2016.
- C. Yang. Pervasive pleiotropy between psychiatric disorders and immune disorders revealed by integrative analysis of multiple GWAS. Invited talk at The Centre for Genomic Sciences of Hong Kong University, July 17, 2015.
- C. Yang. IPAC: a flexible statistical approach to integrating pleiotropy and annotation for characterizing functional roles of genetic variants that underlie human complex phenotypes. Invited talk at TheWorkshop on Youth Statistician. Forum at PolyU. June, 26, 2015.
- Can Yang. GPA: A Statistical Approach to Prioritizing GWAS Results by Integrating Pleiotropy and Annotation. (Invited talk at Statistics and Computational Interface to Big Data, Jan. 10, 2015)
- C. Yang. Exploring the genetic architecture of alcohol dependence in African-Americans via analysis of a genomewide set of common variants. (Invited talk at The 1st Annual Molecular Psychiatry Meeting, November 10, 2013)
- C. Yang. Low-rank approximation and its application in Bioinformatics. (Invited talks at the Statistical Bioinformatics seminar at Purdue University, Oct., 22, 2013)
- C. Yang. Statistical methods to handle multiple correlated traits in GWAS. (Yale Center of Statistical Genomics and Proteomics, April, 20, 2013)
- C. Yang. Alternating Direction Method of Multipliers. (Yale Center of Statistical Genomics and Proteomics, Feb., 13, 2013)
- C. Yang. Analyzing GWAS data of psychiatric disorders: Gene-gene interactions, Heritability and Risk prediction. (Invited talk at Upenn, May 23, 2012)
- C. Yang. Accounting for non-genetic factors by low-rank representation and sparse regression for eQTL mapping. (Yale Center of Statistical Genomics and Proteomics, May, 7, 2012) [paper] [slides]
- C. Yang. Fast linear mixed models for genome-wide association studies. [Paper from Nature Methods] (Yale Center of Statistical Genomics and Proteomics, April 26, 2012)
- C. Yang. DECOLOR: Moving Object Segmentation by DEtecting Contiguous Outliers in the Low-rank Representation. [Paper][Related materials] (Yale Center of Statistical Genomics and Proteomics, Feb., 10, 2012)
- C. Yang. SNP data analysis in genome-wide association studies. (PhD defense, HKUST, May 30, 2011)
- C. Yang. Learning from sparsity. (ECE Journal Club, HUKST, March, 31, 2011)
- C. Yang. Using genetic architecture for genomic risk prediction. (ECE, HKUST, Feb.,18, 2011)
- C. Yang. BOOST: A fast approach to detecting gene-gene interactions in genome-wide case control study. (ECE department seminar, HKUST, Nov., 26, 2010)
- C. Yang. Regularization in matrix learning. (ECE Journal Club, HKUST, Nov. 12, 2010)
- C. Yang. A unified framework of ensemble learning. (ECE, HKUST, May 13, 2010)
- C. Yang. Large-scale-inference. (ECE, HKUST, Nov., 20, 2009)
- C. Yang. Least angle regression, Lasso and Boosting. (ECE, HKUST, Feb., 24, 2009)
Some interesting talks from our group
Some interesting talks from our group
- X. Zhou. Spectral clustering. (ECE Journal Club, HKUST, May, 6, 2011)