Welcome to the wiki site of DIY BIO HK !
DIYBIO is part of a growing movement of citizen scientists working with Biology. We are the first DIYBIO group in Hong Kong. We are setting up a community biotechnology laboratory.
Anyone interested in Biology is welcome to join. Let’s explore and learn together. Wouldn’t it be great to have a biology-based maker space where anyone can come and do research and experiments or just learn more about Biology here in Hong Kong? Join us and help make that a reality!
- Promote and support biological science
- Provide a physical location for members to practice their interests in biological science
- Provide a forum for members to engage with other people to further their interests in biological science
- Provide a platform to raise awareness among the general public of the practice of biological science in everyday life and to foster this culture in Hong Kong
- Encourage members to create profitable innovative ideas, companies and enterprises focused (but not exclusively) on biological science
- Foster collaboration between its members and members of similar biological science organizations in other jurisdictions
snd document our projects. The projects are open source, which means they are allowed to be freely used, modified, and shared.