Dalraddy Cottage – Environmental Policy
Dalraddy Cottage is committed to leading the self-catering accommodation industry in minimising the impact of its activities on the environment. As Dalraddy Cottage is situated in an area of outstanding natural beauty, we are keen to ensure that we minimise any negative impact on the surrounding area and actively help to protect the natural environment we live in.
(photo courtesy Ant Dunn)
The key points of our strategy to achieve this are:
· Measure the impact on the environment and set targets for ongoing improvement.
· Minimise waste of energy by ensuring all electrical products are as efficient as possible.
· Encourage guests to turn electrical items off completely and not leave on standby.
· Encourage electronic communication to minimise paper usage. All paper and printing cartridges are recycled.
· Minimise toxic emissions through the selection and use of our vehicles.
· Actively promote recycling to both suppliers and guests. Encourage guests to save food waste for composting/animal food.
· Source, use and promote an eco-friendly cleaning product range to minimise the environmental impact of chemical cleaners.
Use steam cleaning and micro-fibre cloths.
· Meet or exceed all the environmental legislation that relates to the Company.
We are members of The Dogs Trust, Staffordshire Wildlife Trust, and support many other wildlife protection concerns including Peta and Sea Shepherd. This policy has also been implemented at my house.