Corofin, County Galway, Neighbourhood Watch and Community Alert
Corofin Community Alert scheme is registered with Muintir na Tíre and is working in conjunction with our local garda to make our community a safer place to live.
What is a Community Alert Scheme?
Community Alert is a crime prevention and community safety programme for urban areas. It operates as a partnership between An Garda Síochána and the public. It works on the basis that every member of a community can help to improve the quality of life in the area by keeping a look out for neighbours and reporting suspicious activities to the Gardaí.
The aims of the Community Alert Scheme are:
- To improve community safety
- To prevent crime
- To develop Garda and community links
- To increase public confidence in An Garda Síochána
- To foster a caring environment for older and vulnerable people
- To reduce anti-social behaviour, including graffiti and harassment
Funding and Donations
The Community alert scheme receives no government funding and relies solely on public donations
We have no employees. Committee members and any persons who assist them are doing so on a voluntary basis.
The €5 annual fee is used to cover the costs of Texts, Road signs, Phone calls, Road signs, etc.