Individuals interested in establishing a Lutheran congregation in the Elkin-Jonesville area met May 10, 1959. The group met for their first worship service on August 30, 1959 in the VFW Hall on NC 268 in West End, Elkin. From 1959-1969, the Lutheran congregation met in several locations, including the VFW Hall, the Lyric Theatre, the old Elkin Methodist Church, and in the basement of Smith Tire Co. The congregation purchased land on Winston Road in Jonesville on February 21, 1962. A formal organization of the group met March 19, 1967 to make plans for building the Christ Lutheran Church. The first service was held in the new building in 1970.
Worship services, Sunday school, and fellowship services were held in the church until 1990 when Pastor Edwin Troutman and the congregation decided to build an addition to the church.
On November 10, 1991, the Service of the Blessing was held for the new building addition, which included a fellowship hall, kitchen, narthex, a pastor's study, and classrooms.
Christ Lutheran continues to be an active congregation today, hosting a monthly community meal that is free and open to the public.