applied theory (IO, search, organization) and competition policy
working in progress:
- "Coordinating merger policies on international supply chains," with Arghya Ghosh (UNSW) and Hodaka Morita (UNSW).
- "Directed search with two-sided heterogeneity: a Poisson-game approach".
- "Brand image and distribution-channel restraints", with Martin Peitz (Mannheim).
- "Directed search and observability: information friction versus coordination friction", with Makoto Watanabe (VU Amsterdam).
1. " Platform investment and price parity clauses", with Julian Wright (NUS).
first version: 2016.
2. "Search platforms: showrooming and price parity clauses," with Julian Wright (NUS).
first version: 2o12, current version: 2016 PDF.
publications and forthcomings:
1. "A search model of rental markets: who should pay the commission?," with Andras Niedermayer (Mannheim)
International Journal of Industrial Organization, Vol. 58, pages 214-235, 2018, PDF.
2. "Advertising as a search deterrent".
Rand Journal of Economics, Vol. 48, pages 949-971,2017, PDF.
chapter 1 of Ph.D. dissertation.
International Economic Review, vol. 58(3), pages 783-806, 2017, PDF.
chapter 2 of Ph.D. dissertation.
4. "Non-monotonic group-size effect in repeated provision of public goods," with Galina Zudenkova (Mannheim)
European Economic Review, vol. 89, pages 116-128, 2016, PDF.
5. "Optimal monetary and fiscal policies in a search-theoretical model with money and unemployment," with Pedro Gomis-Porqueras (Deakin) and Benoit Julien (UNSW).
Macroeconomic Dynamics, vol. 17(06), pages 1330-1354, September, 2013, PDF.
chapter 3 of Ph.D. dissertation. Mentioned in NPE-DGE blog.
6. "Industrial upgrade, employment shock and land centralization in China," with Shunfeng Song (UNR) and Jianghuai Zheng (NJU).
Contemporary Economic Policy, vol. 30(4), pages 523-532, October, 2012, PDF.
This article is based on a term paper that I wrote during my M.Ec study in Nanjing University.