ONLINE Selling Procedure
WELCOME TO THE ONLINE SELLING INFORMATION PAGE
There are some advantages to becoming an online seller, in that there are some steps you do not need to take with this platform, that you would normally need to take for an in-person sale. The tagging (online item-entry) process is very streamlined with fewer materials needed!
You will need:
Items you wish to sell Online
A camera (smart phone will work great and make for easy upload)
Smart phone, tablet, laptop/desktop, PC/Mac
Plain background (white tri-fold project display board works great)
Safe place to store your items until drop-off
Ziploc or clear plastic bags or other packaging for larger items
Tape, rubber bands, etc.
We have a Facebook Group forum to help answer questions and offer support for REGISTERED Consignors. You will receive the link to join upon registration. Please read through the instructions before registering as a consignor, to make sure you understand the process for online selling from start to finish. Please join the Consignor Facebook Group, and check your email regularly for notifications.
AN IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT COVID-19 SAFETY PROTOCOL: We rely on the compliance of everyone involved to stay home if not feeling well if experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or having been exposed to the virus, and follow Massachusetts State rules regarding mask wearing and social distancing, if something goes into effect. By participating in our sale, you agree to hold All-4-Kids Easthampton harmless if you contract COVID-19.
So How Does This All Work?
Consignor Registration, Item entry (Online Tagging), sold-item drop-off scheduling, viewing sold item reports, and creating sold-item tickets will all take place in Sale Manager through your Consignor Homepage – what should be a familiar screen for all returning consignors. If you are a new consignor, this will all make good sense very soon once you register and see your own Consignor Homepage. The only activity that takes place outside of your Consignor Homepage, is the actual shopping (presale, public sale, and ½ price sale) which takes place through our unique All-4-Kids Easthampton Shopify store ONLINE. That link will be posted here, on Facebook, and emailed to you.
One of the biggest differences with selling using this online platform is that we will be switching to inventory mode, meaning all items are entered electronically through your Consignor homepage, and we will know ahead of time what items are coming. There are no index card tags to hand-write, no pins, no hangers, and no barcodes to print. Your SOLD items do still need to be packaged properly and securely, in preparation for your “sold item drop-off appointment” to ensure everything stays together as we sort and prepare each shopper order for pick-up.
Once you register, you will be invited to join our private Facebook group (for consignors) where we can work together and ask and answer questions about sale procedure, listing items, etc. It will not be a forum for complaints, but rather a forum to collaborate and support each other’s efforts. I am also hoping to share photos, videos, and even go live if possible, to interact with members of the group. We hope you’ll find this a helpful resource!
A few important notes unique to this online sale:
* We will be accepting quality Home Goods as well at the Spring sale. Please see categories on your consignor homepage for more details.
* All seasons of children’s clothing will be accepted with this online format. Same quality standards apply so please use your best judgement for all of your items, and choose pieces wisely. Be picky!
* There is a 25-item minimum to participate in the sale
* You are only allowed one photo (5MB or less) per item, so as a workaround you can make a collage of two views if necessary, or photograph an outfit together in one photo. Use good lighting and a plain white, distraction-free background. Draping a white cloth/sheet, or hanging items in front of a white background, or using a tri-fold cardboard display board are good options. Try to use natural light, and avoid using a flash which can distort colors. Make sure the setting captures your item best, and that the description is clear with details people can search! Upon registration, I will email you a link to two videos which will be extremely helpful in guiding you through the online entry process, as well as tips for taking a good online photo. You can enter items from your phone, tablet, PC or Mac!
* You may use a ruler or a small coin in the photo to show perspective
* If you include multiple items in one photo (small lots for example) IT MUST MAKE SENSE – for example, everything must be the same size such as three pairs of size 4 Gap jeans, or two Gymboree outfits. Please describe each item listed. Sets, toys with multiple parts that belong together, or 2 or 3-piece outfits are of course fine. If items are already in Ziploc bags (from previous sales for example), remove items from the bags for photographing. Offering a clear view will increase your chance of selling the item. Always keep a buyer’s perspective!
* Guidelines for what we accept or don’t accept still apply, with the exception of seasonal clothing. You can see the complete list on the “What’s for Sale” tab on our website. Item descriptions online must include manufacture date of cribs (after 2011) and car seats (less than 5 years old).
* Donations of unsold items, and non-perishable food items will be accepted at the time of your sold-item drop-off appointment, or at the time of pick-up for donation to the Easthampton Community Center. See below for details.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR ME?
Your items will be made available for purchase online to be viewed by hundreds of people
Most tasks can be completed from the safety of your own home. Only need to drop-off sold items, & pick up purchases (2 diff. days)
60% of your sales, 70% if you are able to work a shift.
- All sold items & report must be brought to drop-off prepared, labeled, and organized as specified
- All items should be in EXCELLENT condition
- All items will be as described online, not duplicated
1. REGISTER TO BECOME A CONSIGNOR
Register through the Consignor tab on either the Returning Consignor or New Consignor homepage by signing the Seller Agreement and paying the $10 registration fee.
2. CHOOSE CAREFULLY & PREPARE THE ITEMS YOU WOULD LIKE TO SELL ONLINE
There is no limit to the number of items you can upload, but please prioritize, starting with your best seasonal items and the items you would like to sell the most, always keeping cleanliness and quality at the forefront. Seasonal clothing will be most popular and should be entered first, but all seasons of clothing will be accepted. Please remember: Items should be in EXCELLENT condition - If it’s not clean, complete, in working order (with batteries if applicable), or without flaws, DO NOT list it for sale. Snip loose threads, remove lint, fasten buttons, zip zippers, tie laces, fasten buckles, wipe down, etc. Please inspect your items carefully, as it will be more important than ever since we will not have our usual drop-off/check-in process. Put yourself in the buyer’s position. Remember to check the CPSC website for any recalls related your items.
3. PHOTOGRAPH YOUR ITEMS, COMPLETE ITEM ENTRY AND UPLOAD A PHOTO FOR EACH
Organize your items by category and/or size. Make sure to photograph items OUTSIDE of Ziploc bags. Photos need to be 5MB or less. As mentioned above under important notes, you are only allowed one photo (5MB or less) per item, so as a workaround you can make a collage of two views if necessary, or photograph an outfit together in one photo. They may appear very big in the system but will go to normal size when we upload it to our shopping website. NO STOCK PHOTOS - must photograph actual item, even if assembly is required so shoppers will see the actual item they are considering. Packaged items such as puzzles and games may remain in the box for photographing, as long as the they are complete! Again, consider buyer perspective. What will they need to see? You will upload photos of your items and add descriptions through your Consignor Homepage and mark them as “ready for online sale” as you go. Working with items organized by category and size will enable the online entry to move more smoothly since the previous category and size are held in the drop-down menu as you go. You want to give shoppers the best view of your item. Good lighting, plain background, camera in focus, and best angle will make a huge difference. Please refer to the PDF and the video link in the email I will send once you register – Extremely helpful information there! You do not have to print a tag for the item when listing, but you have the option to do so if it will help you keep your items organized. There will be a deadline set for having all items uploaded and listed for sale. No items can be entered after that date and time, so please plan accordingly. Here is how to get started:
1. Log in to your Consignor Homepage
2. Access the item-entry screen by either clicking on the “Activities Menu” in the upper left-hand corner, OR clicking on “Active Inventory Status”. Either of these will get you in to the item-entry screen.
3. You will now be in the “Consignor Inventory Menu”
4. Click on “Active Inventory” (add, edit, delete Active Inventory Items)
5. Choose mobile (phone or tablet), or PC/laptop/desktop (includes Mac)
6. Enter DESCRIPTION of item first *WITHOUT USING COMMAS IN EITHER BOX* It needs to be DETAILED so buyers can find your item online! Box 1 should contain the Brand of the item, and Box 2 should contain what it is - jeans, pants, shorts, etc.
7. Enter CATEGORY & SIZE correctly, especially for shoes. There is a difference between baby, toddler, and big kid. An infant size 5, is not the same as a big kid size 5 for example. Details are important when people will be searching for specific sizes online - make sure your item comes up in the right search!
8. Click box if you want your item DISCOUNTED for the 1/2 Price Sales. This is Highly recommended! There is a button (under “Inventory Functions” on the item-entry screen, allowing you to “Discount All Items”. If you know you want to do this, you don’t have to mark each one as you go, but rather wait until everything is entered and do it all at once – just don’t forget! There is a discount tag that appears next to items marked for discount in your entered inventory list You can deselect choice ones if you wish.
9. Do NOT click box to have item donated. If you do, it is not a big deal, but this is information that will be irrelevant in our online store, so save yourself a step.
10. Upload photo - Photos must be 5MB or less.
11. Click “Submit” and item will appear in your inventory. Make sure you click "Ready for Online" when you have filled out the information completely, and attached a photo. The system will not allow you to mark an item "ready for Online" until you have completed the final step of uploading a photo.
12. After you are done entering items, click "I'm Finished for Now"
*Note: You can edit items in your inventory up until the item-entry deadline when all items will be imported to our online store.
**** Really Important: Please DOUBLE & TRIPLE check for duplicate entries in your online inventory. Make sure there is only one entry per item or it will create a great deal of confusion in our online store! *****
4. PRICING GUIDELINES & TIPS
The recommendation for pricing your items at 25-30% of retail still stands. When pricing your items however, keep in mind that shoppers are going to be looking for fair deals. We want you to sell as much as you can! Take good photos, write clear descriptions, price fairly, and be willing to let your items go for ½ price, so you can bring as much as possible to your sold-item drop-off appointment and have more in your check and less in your home!
5. STORE ITEMS YOU HAVE LISTED FOR SALE IN A SECURE LOCATION IN YOUR HOME
You will need to access these easily when it is time to pull your sold items, package or bundle them, create sold-item tags, and bring them to your sold-item drop-off appointment. Keep them organized in a way that will keep them from being damaged or tampered with and make it easy to locate and pull your sold items and prepare them for drop-off. Storing items by category (type, ie books, toys, etc), size, and gender in/on spare bins, boxes, or shelving, will make for easy retrieval when it is time to gather your sold items and make sold-item tickets.
6. RESERVE APPOINTMENT FOR DROPPING OFF YOUR SOLD ITEMS
On your consignor homepage, view the Sold-item drop-off appointment schedule (once available) and sign up for a time that works for you to bring your items to the drop-off location. Please allow about 15-20 minutes for your appointment to place your items in the shopper baskets. If you need to change your appointment, you can also do this through your Consignor Homepage by “leaving” one appointment and rescheduling as needed up until the portal closes. After that date and time, the drop-off scheduling portal will be unavailable and you would need to email Molly at email@example.com directly to reschedule. Consignors who DO NOT bring their sold items will not be allowed to participate in future sales.
7. SPREAD THE WORD TO ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS, FAMILY, CO-WORKERS, TO SHOP THE SALE!
Please consider printing and/or sharing the flyer electronically, printing and distributing our Spread the Word cards. We want everyone to know the sale is on and that they can shop safely from home at all hours of the day and night for several days! One of the advantages of having an online event – the doors can stay open longer! Please see the public shopping schedule under the “Online Shopping” tab. We will be advertising as well, but really appreciate and need your word-of-mouth efforts!
8. WILL THERE BE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES?
We know many of you love to join our team of workers when we have our in-person sales, both because it is fun, but also to increase your earnings. Because of the nature of this online sale, there are fewer opportunities for volunteering. If you are interested in working, sign-up once the worker portal opens.
9. CONSIGNOR DATES & DEADLINES & OTHER ONLINE FAQs:
PUBLIC SALE: You can shop and check out as many times as you need, and everything will be ready for you on pick-up day - bring your online receipt(s).
½ PRICE SALE: Sunday, May 15, 2022 (Time TBA)
SOLD-ITEM DROP-OFF: Thursday, May 19, 2022 by appointment
SHOPPER CURBSIDE PICK-UP: Saturday, May 21, by appointment through Calendly
How long will items stay in my cart during the online sale?
Multiple shoppers can have the same item in their cart at the same time. Whoever checks out and pays first will get the item. Your item may still appear in your cart even if it has already been purchased. You can check out as many times as you would like, so if there is something you really want, you can checkout first, then come back and shop more. We would suggest making a list of what you are looking for and prioritize your shopping that way. The rest will be serendipity!
How will I know where to go to shop the online event?
We will place a link on our website and on Facebook that will take you directly to the online store once it is up and running.
*** ALL SALES ARE FINAL. Refunds to the buyer will be made for items we find defective, and seller will not receive the item or credit back. Multiple infractions will result in not being able to participate as a consignor in future sales. ***
10. LOOK FOR SOLD ITEM REPORT ON YOUR CONSIGNOR HOMEPAGE ONCE SALE ENDS
We will email you when the reports are ready to view on your Consignor Homepage. You will have approximately three days to prepare your items for drop-off. Mark your calendar once you know the dates to make sure you set aside time to complete this very important step.
11. PACKAGE SOLD ITEMS SECURELY IN PREPARATION FOR SOLD-ITEM DROP-OFF
Once you have your "sold-item report", follow packaging instructions you would normally use for an in-person sale, such as using Ziploc bags, clear containers, tape, twine, rubber bands, or packaging to keep items secure and parts together for each of your SOLD items. Rubber bands on boxed puzzles and games, etc. Clothing can be either rolled and rubber-banded or place in a Ziploc or other clear plastic bag. Refer to Tagging Instructions: “How to Package Various Items for Sale” HERE as a guideline.
12. CREATE SOLD-ITEM TAGS FOR EACH ITEM SOLD
On your Consignor Homepage, in your Inventory menu, under “print tags” you will create a sold item tag for each item on your “sold item report”. The tags will include your consignor #, item #, the text “ONLINE SOLD ITEM”, the shopper code, and a barcode for inventory scanning purposes on our end. Attach these securely or place inside the Ziploc bag in full view for easy sorting. We will give you time – two or three days between when you receive your sold item report and your sold-item drop-off appointment to label your sold items. Please plan ahead so you will be able to set aside time on these days to do this in advance of your sold item drop-off appointment. This is an extra step, but at least when you are creating this sold tag, you know your item has already sold so it is worth this extra step to get it safely to the shopper, and more money in your check!
13. USING SOLD-ITEM TAGS, SORT ITEMS BY SHOPPER NUMBER
Before bringing your sold items to us, all items must have a “Sold Item” tag, be grouped and sorted alphabetically by the buyer/shopper ID, in preparation for coming to the drop-off time you reserved online. DO NOT BUNDLE buyer items together as we need to account for EACH item when fulfilling orders.
14. ARRIVE PROMPTLY FOR YOUR SOLD-ITEM DROP-OFF APPOINTMENT
We will be operating on a tight schedule so it is important that you arrive as close to your reserved time as possible. We know life happens; we just ask that everyone tries their best so we can stay on schedule. When you arrive for your appointment, we will have you carefully place your items in the proper shopper basket. We can help with this task for smaller orders. Please allow approximately 15-20 minutes for your appointment. We will have people here to help unload and receive large items!
15. WILL YOU ACCEPT DONATIONS?
YES PLEASE! You must bring your listed unsold items, or other items in a closed container such as a box, bin, or bag. You will bring your boxed or bagged donations with you to your sold-item drop-off appointment, or your shopper pick-up time, and we will place these in a separate designated area. Please adhere to the same standards of quality, items we accept, and condition when donating. We will update you as needed but right now the following items will not be accepted for donation: ANY stuffed animals, damaged or broken items or clothing, recalled or out of date items.
16. PRINT SHOPPING RECEIPT(S) AND BRING WITH YOU TO SHOPPER PICK-UP
The Shopper’s pick-up window will be Saturday, May 21, from 8:00am – 5:00pm. Pick-up appointments will be made through Shopify after you make a purchase. You only need ONE appointment, no matter how many times you check out. We will bundle all of your orders together and have them ready for your pick-up time. Information about making a pick-up appointment will appear during checkout.
17. WAIT FOR YOUR CHECK TO ARRIVE!