Confirmation Myths and Truths
Confirmation is NOT:
- Graduation from Religious Education classes
- “Becoming an adult” in the church. It’s not the Catholic version of a bar/ bat mitzvah.
- ‘Choosing to be Catholic’
- ‘Jumping through hoops’
- The beginning of the journey as fully initiated Catholics!
- Confirmation is about a sacrament, not about age or maturity.
- Confirmation is the completion of the sacrament of Baptism, which means you’ve always been Catholic – from the moment of your Baptism!
- Confirmation preparation offers various tools for your spiritual growth
Date of 2018-2019 Confirmation:
Sunday, February 24th @ 3:00PM
at Holy Spirit Parish
The Diocese of Sioux Falls confirms those in their sophomore year of high school.
Class on the following Sunday OR Wednesday evenings from 7-8:15pm in the Youth Director Office in JPII School. Those who sign up for Wednesday nights will attend Confirmation class instead of their small group meeting. Select Sundays or Wednesdays for class upon registration.
Sunday -- October 14, October 21, November 4, November 11
Wednesday -- October 17, October 24, November 7, November 14
The Catholic Church takes seriously the area of formation and preparation for sacraments. This year we have added some options the Confirmandi so they can choose a formation plan that suits them! You are encouraged to start your formation process as soon as possible. You don't need access to a printer to get started!
Packets will be printed out and available for pick up during the Confirmation Retreat at Holy Spirit on July 21, 2018. If your child is attending a different retreat, packets can be picked up at the Confirmation meeting in September.