HOW to BORROW BOOKS from the DCS LIBRARY this SUMMER
- Visit the DCS Library Catalog and Search for the Books you would like to Check-Out/Borrow from the DCS Library.
- Record or take a screenshot of the Title, Author, and Call Number for the Books You would like to Check-Out.
- Email Ms. Damone at email@example.com with this information about your books.
- Emails can be sent any day of the week but all requests must be received by 8 AM on Mondays and Wednesdays for same-day pick-up.
- Ms. Damone will email a confirmation to you let you know when your books will be ready for pick-up.
- Pick-up your books in front of DCS Mondays and Wednesdays between 9 AM and 12 PM.
- Happy Reading!
WE'RE GOING ON A BEAR HUNT!
Mr. Lyons Reads We're Going on a Bear Hunt
Some of the Bears We Found in Durham
How to get a FREE public library card
to access CloudLibrary:
- Sign up for a FREE library card at the Maine State Library online: https://www.maine.gov/msl/services/libcard.htm
- Choose Option 1 to receive a library card number by email for use with electronic resources.
- In 24-48 Hours you will receive an e-mail with your patron barcode number.
- Then, go to CloudLibrary and select United States, then Maine, and then your library. If using a Maine State Library Card, you will use Augusta: Maine State Library.
- By default, all titles in the collection will show up initially. You may want to apply filters to select format and availability. Some examples of applying filters illustrated below.
- If a book is available click borrow, then read, and you're good to go. Happy reading!
- If a book is unavailable you can place a hold on any title which is not currently available. You will receive an email when it becomes available. (And it usually doesn't take as long as they say it will!)
DCS DIGITAL COLLECTION
In addition to accessing the Maine State Library Digital Collections through their registration process and the CloudLibrary. DCS also has a small collection of eBooks and Digital Audiobooks. To access our digital collection:
1. Click on SEARCH THE LIBRARY CATALOG on this page.
2. Once there, click on the Log In link and log in using the credentials: [Username: dcsreads | Password: dcs2020]
3. On the Left-Hand Side of the screen click on Resource Lists. Click on Digital Offerings. This includes a list of everything DCS has in digital format. Anything with an e is a digital eBook, anything with a blue speaker icon indicates a digital audiobook.
4. Once you find a book you want to read, just click Play or Open and it is yours to read.
5. Happy reading!