Funding Request Form
Funding Request Guidelines
The Rotary Club of Windsor, is committed to supporting community, educational, cultural, recreational and international activities that subscribed to Rotary ideals as expressed by the Rotary "Four Way Test".
The Rotary Club of Windsor seeks a significant lasting impact with each contribution and to participate in projects and/or initiatives, which will give the Rotary Club of Windsor recognition to help further its community efforts.
The form below can be used to request funds from the Rotary Club of Windsor, NS
- A project or organization that is requesting funding should be in the Windsor area or serve Windsor and Hants County area residents.
- Donations or grants are for a single transaction. Reapplication is necessary for additional consideration or contributions. Approval in previous years does not indicate automatic approval for following years.
- The group or person requesting funds must demonstrate substantial need for the funds and that the need is unlikely to be fulfilled by another source of funds.
- There is a preference to contribute to a project or initiative that will have an enduring effect on a group or individual and ideally relates to the goals of Rotary.
- Members and families of members of The Rotary Club of Windsor are not eligible to receive grants or donations from the Rotary Club of Windsor.
- Organizations or projects in which Rotary Club of Windsor members are actively involved will be given priority.
The Rotary Club of Windsor retains discretion to respond favorably to requests that do not meet its guidelines and standards, and it also has full discretion to decline to act favorably on requests that meet the guidelines and standards.
Funding requests will not normally be approved from:
- National charities (unless the money can be designated for use locally or is for disaster relief purposes);
- Individuals, including those seeking sponsorship for their own fund raising event;
- Organisations which are profit making;
- activities, programmes or projects promoting specific religious or political viewpoints;
- Projects, activities or programmes which have already taken place, are underway, or been completed;
- Organisations which cannot satisfactorily explain the need for grant funding over and above any reserves held; and
- Organisations seeking assistance with their general operating expenses or maintenance costs.
Funding Request Process Timeline
Those submitting a funding request should assume that it typically takes the Rotary Club of Windsor 60 days to process a request.