Ridge View High School
For Students and Parents
Welcome to 1TWO1 technology at Ridge View High School! Ridge View follows the whole-school implementation of Richland Two’s Chromebook take-home model. Ridge View teachers and students use these devices daily to reinforce and enhance learning. Students will become active participants in their own learning through a digital learning environment. Every student is expected to bring their assigned charged Chromebook to their classes on a daily basis.
We look forward to working with your student to become “real world ready” by using technology for creation and innovation; communication and collaboration; research and information fluency; critical thinking, problem-solving and decision-making; digital citizenship; and technology operations and concepts. (ISTE Standards for Students)
If you have any questions about our 1TWO1 technology initiative or the Chromebook devices, please contact Mrs. Cheryl Hunter, RV Technology and Learning Coach (TLC) at email@example.com - 803-699-2999 Ext. 84253.
Goals for Technology Use in Richland Two
- Improved Student Learning: Through instructional strategies that apply best practices in teaching with technology and a variety of resources which support the curriculum, student learning will improve.
- Meaningful Student Engagement: We will offer 1 TWO 1 computing to make school more engaging and relevant for our students and to support meaningful and more challenging work as described in the Richland Two Story.
- 21st Century Skills: We will ensure outcomes that students have high level 21st century skills which will prepare them for a successful future.
- Project and Problem-based Learning Opportunities: Through personalized, authentic, and collaborative experiences, students will solve problems and demonstrate their learning through project-based activities.
- Equity of Access: We will bridge the digital divide by providing all students with access to technology tools and resources for anytime, anywhere learning.
For more information about 1TWO1 Technology in Richland Two, please refer to the Richland School District Two 1TWO1 Technology Handbook for Parents and Students, which includes the current RUP and Terms of Agreement (which needs to be signed online annually in Parent Portal during the R2 annual registration update).
You may also wish to review the Richland Two Discipline Procedures for Technology Infractions.