Academic Boot Camp-Summer Program
The Step to College Academic Boot Camp is a two-week summer program taught by K-12 teachers and college professors. This camp provides a residential experience on a college campus.
You must be apart of the Step to College Program to attend the Summer Academic Boot Camp.
- Classes taught with East teachers AND college professors.
- Academic instruction including Reading, Writing, Grammar & Vocabulary and Mathematics (Science added years 3 & 4).
- All academic units and lessons are culturally relevant and culturally responsive.
- Scholars choose electives according to their interest.
- Exposure to college majors options.
- Scholars participate in nightly lectures lead by community leaders and/or current college students of various college majors.
- Weekend field trips and social activities designed to inform classroom instruction.
- Mentorship from current college students.