STEP TO COLLEGE
What is Step to College?
Step to College is a college preparation collaborative that aims to provide a program that offers high school scholars and prospective college applicants an opportunity to experience the expectations and rigor of college through academic, social, recreational, and community related experiences.
Why is this program needed?
College access, persistence and completion for low income, minority and first generation populations is critical to the economic well-being of our scholars, their families and the community at large.
- Program goals:
- Provide scholars with academic rigor and experiences to prepare them for college persistence and completion.
- Scholars will be socially-emotionally healthy.
- Scholars will successfully transition to a two to four-year institution of higher learning.
- Produce scholars of character who demonstrate traits for long term achievement.
- Create a “college-going” culture at East High School.
Watch our short video (click image)