The Arts are essential to the development of our students; therefore, our mission is to educate students by engaging and inspiring them to be life-long learners through active participation, creative expression and cultural awareness in the arts.
We facilitate learning and understanding by using an integrated, sequenced, interdisciplinary, and standards-based curriculum.
The faculty of the Department of Visual and Performing Arts envisions our students as those who are equipped with the skills needed for success.
- Actively participate in the arts at home, in school, at work, and in the community to contribute to the cultural heritage of our global community
- Be creative thinkers who analyze and understand multiple viewpoints
- Problem solve, reason effectively, and make decisions
- Communicate clearly, understand world view, and collaborate effectively
- Access, manage, and analyze information technology for creative purposes
Dominic Pickard, Director of ArtsDivision of Teaching & LearningRochester City School District131 West Broad StreetRochester, NY 14614Office 585-262-8642Mobile firstname.lastname@example.org
Elvira Papa, Department of Arts SecretaryDivision of Teaching & LearningRochester City School District131 West Broad StreetRochester, NY 14614Office email@example.com