The Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory (PPPL) is operated by Princeton University under contract to the United States Department of Energy (USDOE). (link is external) PPPL is the only USDOE laboratory fully dedicated to the research and development of fusion as a safe and virtually inexhaustible energy alternative.
PPPL is an autonomous organization within the Princeton University structure. The Procurement Division is part of the PPPL Business Operations Office and is responsible for procuring all of the goods and services needed to operate the Laboratory. PPPL Procurement is functionally independent from the Princeton University Purchasing Office but maintains a liaison with main campus.
Procurement Mission Statement
The mission of the Procurement Division is to provide our customers with quality products and services in a timely manner, while maximizing the value received by the Laboratory and complying with prime contract requirements, including applicable laws and regulations, and University and Laboratory policies.
- To make all purchases in the best interest of Princeton University and the United States Government
- To obtain the quality product needed for delivery at the time and place from responsible suppliers
- To obtain maximum value for all expenditures by all ethical means, including effective use of competition
- To identify new potential suppliers and develop new relationships
- To foster opportunities for small businesses to become Laboratory suppliers, consistent with the annual PPPL Small Business Subcontracting Plan
- To accept no gratuities or favorable treatment from Laboratory suppliers or potential suppliers
The PPPL purchasing system is reviewed and approved by the Department of Energy in accordance with the provisions outlined in Prime Contract No. DE-AC02-09CH11466.
To contact PPPL Procurement, send e-mail to: email@example.com