My name is Robert DiTizio and I am excited to begin the new school year. This is my eighth year teaching Social Studies at Pitman Middle School. I believe that students learn in different ways and require modes of instruction and assessment that cater to their strengths while addressing potential weaknesses. My approach to teaching Social Studies is rooted in the use of technology and differentiated instruction/ assessment. Over the course of the school year my students will work to refine their skills in the areas of structured writing tasks, the analysis of sources (primary/ secondary), project based learning, and note-taking. The development of these skills will lead to spirited and productive debates about our nation’s past, present, and future. Studying history transforms young learners into informed citizens who utilize knowledge of the past to shape society of the present and future. This website contains information, homework, and enrichment activities that are essential for success in my classes.
If you have any questions, please contact me. My school number is 589-0636 (ext: 2207), or email me at email@example.com. If a student is in need of extra help, they are more than welcome to come by before or after school. If there are any questions about assignments or child’s homework, feel free to check my website. Homework, projects, and policies will be posted on this website throughout the school year.
The weighting below is my grading policy for all courses taught. Assignments that fall under the "major" and "minor" categories will always be posted in my Google Classroom. The calendar on this site is set to display due dates for these tasks.
- Daily Assignments (Homework/ Classwork)- 30%
- Minor Assignments (Projects)- 30%
- Major Assignments (Tests, Quizzes, Essays)- 40%
Access my grade: https://pitmanps.psisjs.com/public/
General Classroom Rules
- Follow the Pitman School District Code of Conduct
- Treat everyone and everything with respect.
- Ask questions
- No cheating: This includes plagiarism, the unauthorized use of another’s work without citation. Students caught cheating or plagiarizing will receive an automatic failing grade with no opportunity to complete the assignment again.
- Raise hands before speaking.
- Be prepared for class at all times.
- Be accountable for your words, actions, and all assigned work.
- Put forth your best effort.
- Anyone who is absent has two days for every day absent to make up work.
- Assignments, notes, and other helpful materials are posted in Google Classroom unless otherwise directed. It is your responsibility to check Google Classroom for missed assignments.
BA- Rutgers University (2009)
- Major- United States History- United States History has been a passion of mine from a young age. My favorite unit of study is the "federal period" immediately following the Revolutionary War.
- Minor- English Literature
- Teacher of Social Studies K-12
- Teacher of English K-12
Student Teaching Experience: Pennsville High School
Pitman Middle School- 10 Years
- (Grades 6/7/8)- I have taught every Social Studies course that is currently offered at Pitman Middle School. It has been an honor to help craft curriculum with my young and talented department.
Awards and Honors
- Teacher of the Year Recipient: 2012
- Staff Spotlight Recipient: 2015
- Social Studies Content Area Leader (K-12): 2017
- Sentry Adviser: 2017
- Safety Patrol
- Gifted and Talented Program Adviser: 2016- Present
- Middle School Technology Coordinator:
- I assist teachers and administrators with their webpages.
- Paw Prints Adviser: 2010-13
- Oversaw the production of the school newspaper
- Summer Institute for Educators Participant: 2010
- I learned about school to career opportunities in our area.
- Dance Committee Adviser: 2009-16