2019-2020 Athletic Physicals (Fall, Winter, & Spring Sports) at Penn-Trafford HS
- WHEN: THURSDAY JUNE 6, 2019 8:00AM-12:00PM
- 8:00-8:45- ALL 7th Grade athletes (6th MS Cheer try-out & ice hockey athletes)
- 8:45-9:30- ALL 8th Grade athletes
- 9:30-10:15- ALL 9th Grade athletes
- 10:15-11:00- ALL 10th Grade athletes
- 11:00-11:30- ALL 11th Grade athletes
- 11:30-12:00- ALL 12th Grade athletes
- WHERE: Penn-Trafford HS
- Pre-Registration is Required on Family ID. Registration opens on MAY 1, 2019 and closes June 4, 2019. All athletes MUST sign up using Family ID. This is the registration for physicals and your FALL sport season so please make sure you pick the correct section(s) in the registration.
- If you plan on attending physicals but won't participate in a sport until the Winter &/or Spring season just register for the "Physicals" at this time.
- Any questions please contact the school nurse, Lisa Popovich or Lead Athletic Trainer, Jennifer Smith
- BASELINE CONCUSSION TESTING
- If you have had a baseline concussion test (typically the ImPACT assessment) completed within the last 2 years please provide a copy of the test results or provide the patient portal ID located at the top of your paperwork. This will fulfill your baseline requirement. You can email those to Jennifer Smith, MS, LAT.
- We will continue to use the Standardized Assessment of Concussion for those athletes who have not had the ImPACT test completed and/or scheduled. Please watch for testing dates during the summer months.
Registering for Sports on Family ID
- If you already have a Family ID account then you just need to sign up for your sport and complete the required information to be added to that team roster.
- If you do not have a Family ID account then you must register your athlete(s). Once an account is created follow the sign up procedure above.
- Your Family ID account will be updated within 48-72 hours once the information is received and reviewed by the medical staff. In the summer, accounts will be updated weekly.
- PARENT(S): please view your athlete(s) status frequently for any updates in your Family ID account.
- ATHLETE(S): you may also view your status if your coach tells you that you are not cleared
- Please do not call/contact the staff until you have at least VIEWED your updated information in Family ID. If you still don't understand what is missing to have your athlete(s) cleared then by all means contact the medical staff with your concerns, email is best during the summer months.
- Information on what is needed will be in the "Nurse/Trainer Info" column and will say something like "NEEDS CIPPE" (athletic physical) or "NEEDS new baseline concussion test"
- Please also check your "Approval Status" box, if it says "NOT Approved" you received an email stating why, please check the email you provided to Family ID for more information
- Baseline concussion tests can be done in the high school athletic training room (Room 161) M-F from 2:30-4:30pm until March 18th. After that time please call 724-744-0580 to schedule a time.
NOW ACCEPTING DONATIONS for the following medical equipment:
- Metal Crutches (any sizes)
- Knee immobilizers/braces
- Ankle walking boots
- Wrist splints/braces
- Ankle AirCasts
Please drop any donations off to the Athletic Office at the High School During Normal School Hours or contact the athletic trainers at 724-744-0580 to schedule a time. YOUR DONATIONS ARE MUCH APPRECIATED!!!!
Penn-Trafford Sports Medicine Department
724-744-0580 AT Office
724-256-4048 AT Fax
Hours of Operation (School year)
Mon-Fri: Daily from 2:30 to the end of scheduled practices and/or events
Saturdays: 7:30 AM -12:00 PM for scheduled practices and/or the end of scheduled events
Sundays: NO ON-SITE ATHLETIC TRAINING SERVICES AVAILABLE
Holidays: CLOSED--Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve/Day, New Year's Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, & 4th of July
Athletic Trainers are usually available at least 30 minutes before a scheduled practice, event, or event departure* for any athlete's healthcare needs including:
- Injury Evaluation
- Taping & Bracing
- Sports Performance Training
- And much more.....
*if an athlete needs the services of the Away Athletic Trainer please let us know so we can contact them in advance to ensure availability/arrangement for our athletes.
SUMMER HOURS---ONLY BY APPOINTMENTS
Athletic trainers are not available on a daily/weekly basis during the summer months. Please contact the staff via email if you have any questions. Thank you