~Baseline Concussion Dates for the 2018-19 Athletic Season
- August 6th-August 9th all testing will be held at the HS (look for the golf cart)
- Monday August 6th & Wed August 8th: 10:30AM-12:00PM (Upper back fields) and 4:30PM-6:00PM (Turf)
- Tuesday August 7th & Thursday August 8th: 4:00PM-6:30PM (Turf)
- Free ImPACT Baseline Testing is available for ages 11-17 beginning June 11th - August 6th. Click HERE for more information from Excela Health Sports Concussion Program
- If you utilize this service please submit a copy of the baseline results to Nurse Popovich along with your athletic physical (CIPPE Section 6).
Registering for Sports on Family ID
- If you already have a Family ID account then you just need to sign up for your sport and complete the required information to be added to that team roster.
- If you do not have a Family ID account then you must register your athlete(s). Once an account is created follow the sign up procedure above.
- Your Family ID account will be updated within 48-72 hours once the information is received and reviewed by the medical staff.
- PARENT(S): please view your athlete(s) status frequently for any updates in your Family ID account.
- ATHLETE(S): you may also view your status if your coach tells you that you are not cleared
- Please do not call/contact the staff until you have at least VIEWED your updated information in Family ID. If you still don't understand what is missing to have your athlete(s) cleared then by all means contact the medical staff with your concerns, email is best during the summer months.
- Information on what is needed will be in the "Nurse/Trainer Info" column and will say something like "NEEDS CIPPE" (athletic physical) or "NEEDS new baseline concussion test"
- Please also check your "Approval Status" box, if it says "NOT Approved" you received an email stating why, please check the email you provided to Family ID for more information
Penn-Trafford Sports Medicine Department
724-744-0580 AT Office
724-256-4048 AT Fax
Hours of Operation (School year)
Mon-Fri: Daily from 2:30 to the end of scheduled practices and/or events
Saturdays: 7:30 AM -12:00 PM for scheduled practices and/or the end of scheduled events
Sundays: NO ON-SITE ATHLETIC TRAINING SERVICES AVAILABLE
Holidays: CLOSED--Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve/Day, New Year's Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, & 4th of July
Athletic Trainers are usually available at least 30 minutes before a scheduled practice, event, or event departure* for any athlete's healthcare needs including:
- Injury Evaluation
- Taping & Bracing
- Sports Performance Training
- And much more.....
*if an athlete needs the services of the Away Athletic Trainer please let us know so we can contact them in advance to ensure availability for our athletes.
SUMMER HOURS---ONLY BY APPOINTMENTS
Athletic trainers are not available on a daily/weekly basis during the summer months. Please contact the staff via email if you have any questions. Thank you