Shada Rules For Upper Divisions:
• The tournament will usually be a round-robin format with the top teams in each pool advancing to a single elimination tournament played on Sunday.
• Team shirts are requested. (same color)
• Report to your game court 10 minutes prior to the start of the game.
• A forfeit will be ruled 10 minutes after the official start of the game if a team is missing.
Each court will have a Courtaker to over-see games.
• The Courtakers will call for teams at the scheduled times. An "odd or even" call will determine first possession and then possession will alternate for the rest of the game.
• Total team fouls will be recorded. No player will foul out of a game but on the 5th team foul the opposing team will be awarded a free-shot (no foul shots prior to the 5th foul).
• It is up to the OFFENSE to call the FOUL (if a foul is called make sure the Courtaker records the foul).
•If a disagreement over a call occurs the teams may ask the Courtaker to step in and make the call (Courtaker’s decisions are final).
• Defense can call violations such as double dribble, traveling, out of bounds, charges.
• Courtakers may, at any time, step in and make an official call if they deem it necessary.
• Flagrant fouls or intentional fouls will be assessed with a penalty comparable to a technical foul.
This foul will be added to the total team fouls (determined by the Courtaker).
• On the 5th team foul and any foul occurring after this, the player being fouled will have the option of a shot from the free-throw line for 1 point or a shot from behind the 3-point line for 2 points.
A) Free shot options on a missed shot or on a non-shooting foul:
• Team choosing the 1 point shot will get the ball back if the shot is missed.
• Player choosing the 2 point shot will lose possessions on a miss.
(NOTE: Possession Changes on a made bonus shot)
B) Free shot options on made shot: (starts only on the 5th foul)
• A 1 point bonus shot is awarded from the free-throw line...possession will change on a make/miss.
**There will be a change of possession on all free-throw shot in the final 3 minutes (make/miss).
• On SATURDAY, games will be played to 17 win by two, or the first team to 21 points on (20 minute games).
• On SUNDAY, games will be played to 20 win by two, or the first team to 25 points on (25 minute games).
*1 point per basket inside the 3 point line.
*2 points per basket shot outside 3 point line.
*1 or 2 point bonus shot awarded on the 5th foul.
•Saturday - 20 minute time limit on all games
•Sunday - 25 minute time limit for Sunday's tournament games.
• Team ahead when time runs out wins the game.
• In the event of a tie after the allotted time has expired an overtime will be played (odd/even call will determine first possession). Both teams will have at least one possession. If no team wins after they have both played offense then it will go into a sudden death overtime.
• The ball must be brought outside the 3-point line on all change of possessions and must be checked in at the top of the key on all dead balls. If ball is checked it must be passed in.
• Defense on ball during a check-in situation must stay inside the 3-point line. No defensive player can enter the check zone on a checked in ball.
• Each team can call one 1 minute time out during the game
• Time will stop on dead ball situations in last 3 minutes. Games must be within 6pts
• Teams can consist of only 4 members.
Special Notice: Under no circumstances will the "Shada" tolerate rough play and/or abusive language. Players displaying this type of behavior will be assessed a technical foul and/or dismissed from game and/or tournament. Fans are also encouraged to demonstrate good sportsmanship.