Due to the COVID-19 EPIDEMIC, the AERIM REU Program will not be offered in summer 2020. Please check back again in the fall to apply for the summer 2021 program. Stay healthy!
The application for the Summer AERIM REU Program at Oakland University consists of an online form that must be completed by the applicant, copies of transcripts and one or two letters of recommendation. Please use the links below or buttons to the left to access the forms:
- AERIM REU Application form (you may upload a copy of your transcript or may email it separately; see instructions in application form)
- AERIM REU Recommendation form (Please ask the person(s) who will complete your recommendation letters to fill out the form at this link by the application deadline. When completing the form, they have the option of entering text or uploading a separate recommendation letter).
- Undergraduate engineering, science or math students graduating after the December following the summer program (Freshmen, undeclared majors and community college students are welcome to apply) with an interest in working on automotive and energy-related research topics.
- GPA: 3.0 or above
- In accordance with National Science Foundation requirements, all participants must be citizens or permanent residents of the United States.
- Students cannot be working or taking classes at the same time as the program.
While we welcome students of all backgrounds, we strongly encourage women, underrepresented minority, and first generation college students to apply.
No prior automotive or research experience required!
Questions may be addressed to one of the following:
Program Director: Dr. Laila Guessous, email@example.com
Program Co-director: Dr. Dan DelVescovo, firstname.lastname@example.org