Search the Web Like a Pro!
Written By Riverbend Tech Club members Nathan Skillington and Andy Maxey
Sometimes when you Google something if you mess up on spelling or putting in key terms, you could get something different than what you’re looking for. Most of the time Google’s just sitting there like, “I got you on this. Here are some search results on what you meant to type.”
Other times, Google’s like, “Here’s what I got. You’re welcome.” Then you’re just sitting there like, “What is this? This isn’t what I wanted. It’s not even close!” Google can send you to something completely different than what you wanted. It gets annoying, so it’s useful to know how to accurately search and find what you want.
Did you know that if you ever want to Google a word's definition, you could type in “DEFINE:” and then the word. This trick even works with slang and acronyms.
Some websites with more search tips and tricks are below:
Chromebooks will be turned in during the last week of school. Be sure to have your charger and case with you as well!
ALERT #1 - Please make sure no objects are on the keyboard before closing the lid, and always close the lid gently!
ALERT #2 - If you attempt to charge another device from the USB port on your Chromebook, it may cause your Chromebook to stop working. If you must charge a device, use the USB port on the left side of the Chromebook. You will see a tiny lightning bolt symbol next to the correct port.
THINGS TO KNOW:
- Chromebooks should go home each night and be brought to school each day fully charged.
- If the One2One Risk Solutions registration has not been completed, the Chromebook must be returned to the Library Media Center before the student leaves campus each day.
- Power adapters go home to stay, as the Chromebook should be charged there nightly.
- Chromebooks should always stay in the protective case.
- Do not decorate either the Chromebook or the case, as both are school property.
- Always carry the Chromebook with lid closed and using both hands.
- Every student has received a 1:1 Agreement Form - please sign and return if you have not done this already!
Be sure to check this page often for more info!