4th grade - Room 211
Homework, Current Units, and Upcoming Events
- Halloween festivities! 10/31
Currently -- Students are writing in their homework agenda books. It is not online yet.
Link to Google Classroom for the online homework for the day - Sign in to Google as your child for access.
Current Units of Study
- Concepts and skills in Unit 1:
Place value, comparing numbers, rounding, estimating, addition, subtraction, number patterns
- Practice math facts (multiplication, division) -- ReflexMath is a fantastic website that helps students track their progress. A great idea would be to spend 15-20 minutes every other day on ReflexMath.
- Mangahigh.com is a new online resource. Mangahigh.com -- Your lunch number is the User Name and Password. The School Number is 393872. Remember to do assigned work first!
- Unit 1: Interpreting Characters
We are working on creating a habit of reading in class. Our focus is realistic fiction and following a character as they change throughout a story. We'll also examine secondary characterss, look for examples of symbolism, and notice patterns in characters' actions.
- Read to yourself, read to a parent, read to a sibling, have someone read to you... but READ!
- Unit 1: The Arc of Story
We will be writing realistic fiction stories. Our focus will be believable characters, a problem that gets worse and worse before there is resolution, and descriptive language to bring the story alive.
- Weekly or bi-weekly spelling lists (depends on the Days 1-6 cycle)
- Students will have time in class but may need to complete some spelling work at home.
- Science Unit 1: Waves and Energy
We will explore sound waves, energy, electricity, and transferring energy.
- Starts after our first two science units