Welcome to the Moberly High School 2019-2020 Scholarship page!
All Scholarships will be listed below are arranged by the month they are due.
Please fill out any and all scholarships that you qualify for. You may return the application and all materials to the counselors office and I will mail them off for you.
LAST UPDATED: Janurary 16th, 2020
United Way of Randolph County Dual Credit Scholarship Spring 2020
1) United Way of Randolph County offers a scholarship for 3 credit hours of dual credit in the course of your choice with a maximum cap of $240 for Spring semester of 2020.
- Copy of most recent transcript
- Fill out the application form
- Answer the application questions
- Complete the Character Evaluation (includes 2 teacher and 1 administrator, coach, employer, mentor in nonprofit/volunteer work, or church leader letter of recommendation)
- Cannot have previously received a scholarship from United Way of Randolph County
Access to application is to the right, or visit: https://www.unitedwayrandolphcounty.org/programs for more information
Deadline: December 19th, 2019
Brenda and Mike Barner Scholarship Fall 2019
1) The Brenda and Mike Barner Scholarship will be awarded to two students who wish to take a dual credit English Composition class at Moberly High School for the Fall semester of 2019.
This application involves an application, essay, and interview.
The application can be found to the right, or ask Mr. Beaudoin for a copy.
Applications must be returned to Mr. Beaudoin
DEADLINE: DEADLINE PAST DUE
Scholarship Amount: $10,000 - $25,000
- Be enrolled full time as a high school senior in the United States; be progressing normally toward graduation in spring/summer of 2020 with plans to enter a college in the United States no later than the fall following graduation
- Exhibit a strong commitment to pursue and complete a bachelor’s degree at an accredited non-profit public or private institution in the United States (students may start their studies at a two-year institution and then transfer to a four-year institution)
- Demonstrate critical financial need ($55,000 or lower adjusted gross family income is required)
- Be involved in co-curricular and community service activities
- Display integrity and perseverance in overcoming adversity
- Maintain a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0; and
- Be a United States citizen
DEADLINE: OCTOBER 25, 2019
Please visit https://scholars.horatioalger.org/about-our-scholarship-programs/ for more information and to apply.
Scholarship Amount: $6,000 each semester
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must attend an Eligible Public High School.
- Must be a student in the 2020 high school graduating class.
- Must have achieved a high school CGPA of 3.75 or higher.
- Must have scored 24 or higher on the ACT (Composite Score) or 1,150 on the SAT.
- Must enroll at an eligible four-year college the first semester following high school graduation.
- Must work 240 hours in the twelve months prior to the start of college; from August 2019 to August 2020.
- Must complete the FAFSA in 2019 using 2018 tax return information; the EFC must not exceed $6,500.
- Must apply for eligible Federal and State grants.
- Must not have been convicted of a felony.
DEADLINE: NOVEMBER 15TH, 2019 @5PM
Please visit https://haganscholarships.org/ for more information and to apply. See the attached brochure for more information.
Show-Me Chapter of the Soil and Water Conservation Society--Chapter Scholarships
1) The Show-Me Chapter offers a $2000 scholarship for a high school senior, or undergraduate, planning to major in conservation or a natural resources-related field.
This is an essay contest based on the writing prompt found at the website below.
Information can be found at http://www.moswcs.org/scholarship/.
DEADLINE: 2019 - 2020 APPLICATION NOT YET AVAILABLE
P.E.O. Scholarship for Women
Scholarship Amount: $2500
- A senior girl who plans to attend an accredited post secondary educational institution in the fall of 2019
- A U.S. citizen
- A minimum cumulative unweighted GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Exhibits excellence in leadership, academics, extracurricular activities and community service
Please submit a resume with any leadership, extracurricular activities, community service, including any schools they have applied to or have been accepted to and also, their future career goals.