Washington School Construction Bid Awarded at BOE Meeting 2/27/2017
Interior Renovations and Building System Improvement at the Washington School awarded to Mark Construction, Inc. as the lowest responsible bidder at the amount of $1,624,000.00.
1/9/2017 -- Bills to Authorize Purchase of Washington School Signed by Governor Christie
S-2708/A-4064 (Codey/Jasey, McKeon, Mukherji)
Authorizes State Treasurer to convey surplus real property known as Millburn Regional Day School in Millburn Township, Essex County, to Millburn Township Board of Education or to Millburn Township for $3,550,000
- In December 2016, $25.6 million in bonds were sold to provide funding for the projects approved by the referendum.
- The bills allowing the school district to purchase the Washington School building are on the Governor’s desk and we expect them to be signed at the beginning of January.
- In January the 2017 referendum projects will go out to bid.
- It is anticipated that the renovations at Washington School will begin in February 2017.
- Washington School Principal, Mr. Peter Mercurio, has been meeting with the architects and has begun planning programming and staffing for the 5th grade school. A survey was recently sent out to all school district teachers to elicit interest in being part of the inaugural staff, and Mr. Mercurio is reviewing responses and creating a staff list. He has also met with the PTO planning committee.