Summary of Hospital Requirements:
MI AIM Administrative Outcome Measures (Annually)
- Includes overall Severe Maternal Morbidity (SMM), Hemorrhage-related SMM, and Preeclampsia/Hypertension SMM
- This data is uploaded to KDS by the MHA once we receive the file(s) from MDHHS and typically lags about 2 years.
MI AIM Process Measures (Quarterly)
- Includes process measures for national AIM bundles: Obstetric Hemorrhage and Severe Hypertension
- This data is entered on a quarterly basis by each hospital participating in the MI AIM program.
MI AIM Structure Measures (ONCE)
- Structure measures from national AIM program required to be reported once per year by each facility.
- This data is entered once per year by each hospital participating in the MI AIM program.
See the AIM Data Collection Plan (Encyclopedia of Measures) for specific information about measures within each survey.
Data Abstraction Deadlines
There are no formal deadlines for submitting data to KDS for the MI AIM Surveys. Typically, hospitals are about one quarter behind when entering data for the MI AIM bundles. For example, hospitals will begin entering data for 1Q2019 beginning in April/May 2019.
Below is the National AIM Data page. Several great resources are available, including:
- AIM Data Collection Plan (Encyclopedia of Measures)
- AIM SMM Code List (list of ICD-10 codes used for determining outcome measures)
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) Documents