MI AIM MHEF Grant Award Recipients
The Michigan Alliance for Innovation on Maternal Health (MI AIM) is pleased to announce the selection of ten southeast Michigan hospitals for its severe maternal morbidity reduction grant. The, "Reducing the Impact of Severe Maternal Morbidity in Region 10 (Wayne, Oakland and Macomb Counties)” grant provides selected applicants with $40,000 to fund MI AIM related activities in 2023. In addition, these hospitals will receive a $2,000 grant from the Southeast Michigan Perinatal Quality Improvement Coalition (SEMPQIC) to enact an equity plan that accompanies the MI AIM procedures. We are honored to be able to support these institutions as they provide critical services to birthing families in Southeast Michigan.
When compared to the rest of the state, the metro-Detroit area has experienced higher rates of maternal morbidity. This grant seeks to reduce the rates of severe maternal morbidity and mortality in Region 10 through the implementation of the MI AIM patient safety bundles. MI AIM will offer grant recipients technical assistance and bundle implementation support, data interpretation support and one-on-one coaching.
Congratulations to the following Region 10 hospitals:
· Ascension Providence Hospital, Novi Campus
· Ascension Providence Hospital, Southfield Campus
· Ascension St. John Hospital
· Corewell Health Trenton Hospital
· Corewell Health William Beaumont University Hospital
· DMC Harper/Hutzel Hospital
· DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
· Henry Ford Detroit Hospital
· Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital
· Trinity Health Oakland Hospital