Silver Creek Middle School Music
WELCOME TO SCMS MUSIC!
In the International Baccalaureate® (IB) Middle Years Programme (MYP), students develop through creating, performing and presenting arts in ways that engage and convey feelings, experiences and ideas.
It is through this practice that students acquire new skills and master those skills developed in prior learning.
Students have opportunities to function as artists, as well as learners of the arts.
SCMS Music By Unit
UNIT 1: Musical Identity
UNIT 2: Communication through Performance
UNIT 3: Aesthetics in Music
UNIT 4: Musical Development and Change
- Perform, create, and respond to music in ways that align with IB/MYP standards
- Bring necessary materials to class each day
- Perform solo, small group, and large ensemble warm-ups, pieces, etudes, and skills in class
- Study music theory and history through performance and daily lessons
- Keep instrument maintained (whether owned, rented, borrowed from SCMS, or by practicing proper vocal health)
- Practice warm-ups, pieces, etudes, and skills individually outside of class
- Demonstrate individual practice by completing and turning in practice charts weekly
- Attend performances on time, dressed appropriately in concert attire