LHS AP Exam Program
The 2019 AP Exams will be administered over two weeks in May: May 6 through 10 and May 13 through 17. More detailed information to come, in the meantime if you have any questions regarding a test, please don't hesitate to contact LHS.
LHS Counseling Department
What is AP?
The Advanced Placement Program® (AP) enables willing and academically prepared students to pursue college-level studies while still in high school.
The program consists of college-level courses developed by the AP Program that high schools can choose to offer, and corresponding exams that are administered once a year.
Taking AP courses and exams can help students:
- Stand out on college applications. AP courses on a student’s transcript shows that they’ve challenged themselves with the most rigorous courses available to them. And success on an AP Exam shows that they’re ready for college-level coursework.
- Earn college credit and/or skip introductory courses in college. Most four-year colleges and universities in the United States—as well as many institutions in more than 100 other countries—grant students credit, placement, or both for qualifying AP Exam scores. Search credit policies by college.
Which Students Should Take AP?
All students who are willing and academically prepared to accept the challenge of a rigorous academic curriculum should be considered for admission to AP courses.
AP Contacts and Information
Guadalupe Puim Ext. 69507 , firstname.lastname@example.org
College board-AP Central information/resources: https://apstudent.collegeboard.org/exploreap/for-parents
Questions regarding payment:
Guadalupe Puim, 781-861-2320 x 69507, email@example.com
Please use this site to learn about the various facets of AP testing.
- Payment details
- Deadlines -- payment, refund requests, applying for accommodations
- Test accommodations -- how to apply
- Room assignments
- Links to College Board AP information
All communication with students will be sent to the their LPS Gmail (firstname.lastname@example.org) email address. Please be sure to check this email address frequently.
Please contact Guadalupe Puim at email@example.com if you have questions about the testing program.