Diamond DRUM Beat Newsletter
Thank you for your patience and flexibility as we learn how to navigate our new addition and new cafeteria.
Back to School Nights:
- The 6th Grade Back to School Night will be October 4th from 6:30-8:15pm; the 7th & 8th Grade Back to School Night will be October 5th from 6:30-8:15pm.
- Specific information regarding these events will be emailed out next week
Drop-Off and Pick Up Procedures:
- Please see the Drop-Off and Pick-Up Procedures on the Diamond website - note that the blue arrows indicate where cars should queue for drop-off and pick-up
- We ask that you follow all signage and look for staff members, who will be on hand to help us implement new traffic patterns
- If you are dropping off or picking up on the Hancock St. side, please pull all the way to the stop sign close to the curb (look for staff to direct you)
- Parent drop off and pick up on the Sedge Rd side has been relatively quiet - if it suits your routine, you may want to consider dropping off and picking up there
- As always we ask that you please drive slowly and carefully to ensure our students remain safe - please refrain from going around other cars on the wrong side of the road and from making three point turns in the driveway
- All daily announcements and other important notices will be posted on the Diamond website. I encourage you to visit Diamond Middle School and bookmark the homepage for easier future access. There you can also find links to our School Site Council, the PTA, and all Teacher Websites.
- There will be ongoing communication throughout the year:
- The DRUM Beat Newsletter will be emailed on a weekly basis and posted on the Diamond website.
- Follow Diamond Middle School on Twitter @DiamondMSPrin
- Please be sure to reach out to your child's counselor, team leader, or teachers with specific questions or concerns.
- We also encourage you to join the Diamond PTA as another way to remain connected with Diamond news and activities.
Important Dates to Remember:
- September 26th - Picture Day
- October 4th - 6th Grade Back to School Night (Information coming soon)
- October 5th - 7th & 8th Grade Back to School Night (Information coming soon)
- October 9th - No School, Columbus Day/Indigenous Peoples' Day
- November 10th - No School, Veterans' Day
- District Calendar
- Diamond Athletics Flyer
- Library Newsletter; for more information about our library, please visit our website
- PTA Website
- 8th Grade Calculator Letter
- Mega Math Placement Process