Diamond DRUM Beat Newsletter
Welcome to the Diamond DRUM Beat, a weekly newsletter to keep you apprised of important happenings at Diamond Middle School. Although we will email you the link to this newsletter each week, I encourage you to bookmark it, as the information will be updated regularly.
Yesterday, our students engaged in an all-day celebration of our DRUM initiative. It was a huge success as students learned more about themselves and one another. We encourage you to ask your child(ren) about the DRUM acronym and what is represents. They may also be able to tell you a little about our namesake - William Diamond.
The letter below was emailed home to families on August 28th. We ask that you please read and complete the forms that are linked if you have not done so yet. Thank you in advance!
Dear Parents/ Guardians,
Please complete the mandatory form linked here and below to acknowledge receipt of our Student Handbook, located on the Diamond website and attached to this email. This form will also ask for your permission to photograph or video your child for use on our websites and/or by local media like The Lexington Minuteman. Finally, this form will ask you to acknowledge that you have read the LPS Guidelines for Acceptable Use of Technology, found in Appendix 1 of our Student Handbook, and to acknowledge our Release of Student Directory Information, defined in the body of the form.
If you have multiple children at Diamond, please complete a separate form for each child.
If you are the parent of a 7th or 8th grade student, you must also complete the Diamond 1:1 Device Registration and Sign Off linked here and below. Completion of this form is required in order for your child to receive their 1:1 device.
We are asking that you complete these forms as soon as possible, but no later than Tuesday, September 4th.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Jennifer E. Turner, Principal
- Be sure to follow me on Twitter: @DiamondMSPrin
- Thank you to the 6th grade families who attended our pizza social last night - it was a wonderful event! Special thank you to our PTA volunteers who made the event possible.
- Please remember that at pick up time, cars should not be entering the Hancock Street side until after 3:00pm to allow the buses to pick up students and exit the campus.
- A reminder there is no school next Wednesday in observance of Yom Kippur.
- We have begun composting on Wednesdays in our cafeteria - thank you to the Green Team for coordinating these efforts. Please tell your students to check for the signage that will be posted to learn how to separate their trash.
- Our Back to School Nights will be held on October 3rd (6th grade) and October 4th (7th & 8th grades). Detailed information and schedules will be sent soon.
- Teachers are still in the process of updating their teacher websites. We ask for your patience as the newest information may not yet be available.
- Thank you to those of you that attended the PTA Coffee - there will be information about future coffees that is forthcoming.
- The Important Tips tab above provides lots of useful information - please be sure to check it out!
- When in doubt...check our website. Once school is up and running we work diligently to ensure the information there is updated.
Important Dates to Remember:
- September 19th - Schools Closed/ Yom Kippur
- September 25th - School Picture Day
- October 3rd - 6th Grade Back to School Night - Information to Follow
- October 4th - 7th & 8th Grade Back to School Night - Information to Follow
- October 8th - Schools Closed/ Columbus Day
- October 17th - 7:00pm - Washington D.C. Parent Information Night for 8th Grade Parents
- October 25th - 7:00pm - PTA Coffee - Location TBD
- November 2nd & 3rd - 7:00pm - Fall Play
- Diamond Website
- Teacher Websites
- District Calendar
- Diamond Athletics Flyer
- Library Newsletter
- PTA Newsletter
- Math Graphing Calculator Letter
- Mega Math Placement Process