Attendance Boundary Adjustments
Lake County Schools is pleased to announce two new traditional public schools opening soon!
An E-STEM school for kindergarten through 8th grade is being planned for the Cagan's Crossings area in Four Corners. With a curriculum that weaves in the outdoor environment, science, technology, engineering and math, the school is slated to open in Fall 2021.
Also serving students in kindergarten through 8th grade, the Aurelia M. Cole Academy, named for an esteemed educator who worked many years in our district, is projected to open in 2023-24.
The new additions will require an attendance boundary adjustment to be effective in August 2021, as we relieve crowding at some of our schools and address projected student population growth. This redistricting will not impact the enrollment of any student currently attending charter schools or any student who wants to apply to attend a charter school.
The School Board will consider the Option 6A for tentative approval on June 22 and final approval on Aug. 10. Public input is welcome at both meetings.
If you have any questions about the projects, please call us at 352-253-6693 and leave a message, or email us at email@example.com
Four Corners K-8
- Slated to open in fall of 2021
- Environmental curriculum that weaves in science, technology, engineering and math
- Will be built in Cagan's Crossings community in Four Corners
Aurelia M. Cole Academy
- Slated to open in fall of 2023
- Construction is part of the district's Five-Year Capital Plan
- Named for esteemed educator who worked many years in Lake County Schools
- Will replace Clermont Elementary and Clermont Middle schools
- Arts theme has been discussed, but no official decision has been made.