1:1 Chromebook Initiative
Golden High School
Golden High School is committed to Jeffco's 2020 Vision.
As we prepare students to be college and career ready; communication, creativity, collaboration, and critical thinking skills are essential to thrive in the 21st century. We are launching a 1:1 Chromebook initiative for each 9th grade student to have their own device starting with the 2018-2019 school year. Having ongoing access to technology will allow our students to consistently practice and apply those 21st century skills, and prepare them for a variety of post-secondary options.
We want to provide the vision, tools, and training that students need to learn and work in the digital world for which we prepare them.
- Give students real world technology experience and application needed for future careers and/or college.
- Encourage increased creativity, communication, collaboration and critical thinking skills through assignments that are not possible without technology.
- Allow teachers to differentiate lessons to meet students at various stages of learning.
- Enable teachers to collect instant data on student learning and immediately adjust instruction accordingly.
- Customize learning through the use of a variety of technological tools.
Benefits of rental program
One of the biggest concerns for parents and teachers is ensuring the safety of students online and making sure students are actively engaged in class. Chromebooks that are purchased through the school will have software that allows teachers to monitor all student screens, turn all screens off in order to minimize distractions, and project student work to the front of the room. See video for a demonstration.
- Annual rental fee of $60.00 for all students starting with graduating class of 2022
- Device will be managed by Jeffco for added security
- Wifi automatically connects to the fastest network (Internal vs Instructional)
- Educational apps can be pushed out to all student devices
- Students can take state-mandated tests on their device
- Students will keep the device over most school breaks, making learning a 24/7 activity
- Students can personalize the device
- Consistency for all teachers and students
- Device warranty and repair through the school
- Students can keep the device when they leave the school by paying the balance of cost.