Databases Usernames /Passwords
1. Culture Grams Username: hsibley-hs Password:hsibley-hs
Contains middle and high school-appropriate magazine, journal, and encyclopedia articles and also includes primary source documents, reference books, and multimedia. Includes Middle Search Plus, MAS Ultra - School Edition, Consumer Health Complete, Health Source - Consumer Edition, and Science Reference Center databases.
College level/serious research with professional journals
1. EBSCO Username: sibleyimc Password: sibleywarriors
- Business Source Premier-Scholarly journals and trade publications across all business-related subject areas. Includes company profiles, country reports, market research, etc.
- Student Research Center Magazine, journal, and encyclopedia articles, plus multimedia files for middle and high school students. Includes Health Source-Consumer Edition, MAS Ultra-School Edition, Middle Search Plus, and Science Reference Center databases.
2. GALE Username: mnkhenrysi Password:sibleywarriors
General Science Collection over 200 journals covering the latest scientific developments -- including such topics as particle physics, advanced mathematics, and nanotechnology
Full Text Periodicals for the Professional Development Collection
Expanded Academic ASAP from arts and the humanities to social sciences, science and technology, this database meets research needs across all academic disciplines. Access scholarly journals, news magazines, and newspapers - many with full text and images.
Educator's Reference Complete selection of academic journals, hundreds of full-text reports, and many premier reference sources. Included content focuses on educational principles, child development and psychology
Informe Académico proporciona acceso a periódicos y revistas especializadas de lengua española y portuguesa. La base de datos ofrece una amplia gama de contenidos sobre América Latina.
Informe Académico provides access to Spanish- and Portuguese-language scholarly journals and magazines. The database offers a wide range of content both from and about Latin America.
Student Resources in Context information on all core subjects from Science to Literature to History
Infotrac Student Edition K-12 1,300 titles, cross searchable with E-Books, this periodical database is designed for high-school students with access to a variety of indexed and full-text magazines, newspapers, podcasts, and reference books for information on current events, the arts, science, popular culture, health, people, government, history, sports and more.
3. ProQuest Username: HSIBLEYIMC Password: SIBLEYWARRIORS
- eLibrary (Proquest) - Maps, pictures, and articles from thousands of books, magazines, and newspapers. Reading levels are indicated for each article.
- Proquest Learning and Literature (Proquest) - This is a comprehensive, integrated resource for original full-text works, author biographies, contemporary criticism and more. An excellent resource for language arts assignments.
4. SIRS Username: SIBLEYimc Password: sibleywarriors
Thousands of hand-selected full-text articles on social issues, health, science and business, as well as current perspectives on arts and humanities. Lexile reading scores are given for each article.
Need to research both sides of an issue?
Username: sibleyimc Password: sibleywarriors
Pro vs. con essays that present multiple sides of current or controversial issues. Plus magazine and newspaper articles, primary sources, and more related to those issues.
E-books & Historical Periodicals
(for research as well as for pleasure reading)
1. EBooks MN
Consists of an online ebook collection for all Minnesotans covering a wide variety of subjects for readers of all ages and featuring content from our state's independent publishers.
2. eBook Collection (EBSCOhost) Username: sibleyimc Password: sibleywarriors
Collection of electronic books covering many topics - mostly nonfiction and classic literature. Includes Cliff's Notes and Nolo books.
Digitized images from the American Antiquarian Society of the pages of American magazines and journals published between 1684 and 1912.
4. MN LINK
Browse all 52,526 items from 187 historical societies, libraries, archives, and cultural organizations across Minnesota