Teaching & Learning
Books Recommended for Educators by Educators
"Insanity Is Doing the Same Thing Over and Over Again and Expecting Different Results" - Unknown
The best educators are not content do the same thing year after year. Innovative educators are always looking for something better. They push their thinking and engage in social media connected to teaching and learning; they exploring educational blogs; they engage in teaching & learning conferences; and they explore the newest generation of educational books. This site is all about the incredible books my PLN writes, reads, and explores as we learn and grow as educators together.
Tech Like a PIRATE helps provide the tools, ideas, and inspiration for educators to use technology as a treasure map to amazing learning. With a customizable set of principles for ensuring that technology is an asset, and not a barrier, Matt Miller's guidance will help all teachers - from the tech-savvy to the tech-terrified--create impactful, transformative learning using low- or no-cost equipment.
The rise of digital culture has left some teachers and their students distracted, divided, and overwhelmed. But Tech Like a PIRATE brings educators flexible strategies for creating classroom tech experiences that will electrify student engagement. You don't have to be a tech genius--just willing to try!
This site will connect teachers to recommended books in the categories below. We placed each recommended book in 1 category, but we realize that many of the books stretch across multiple categories.
- EdTech - Popular books connected to best practices in instructional technology.
- G Suite for Education - Popular books connected to Google for Education.
- Mindsets & Innovation - Popular books exploring innovative teaching practices and mindsets.
- Inquiry Learning - Popular books connected to inquiry in the classroom.
- Curiosity - Popular books connected to curiosity in the classroom.
- Leadership - Popular books connected to educational leadership for administrators and teachers.
- Learning Spaces - Popular books connected to classroom design, learning spaces, and Makerspaces.
- Assessment - Popular books connected to assessment in the classroom.
- Digital Literacy - Popular books connected to digital citizenship, media literacy, and digital learning.
- Picture Books - Popular picture books to engage students in discussions connected to essential skills.
- Learning - Popular books connected to everything else in education including Assessment, Engagement, Learning, School Culture, and Teaching.