Teaching & Learning
Books Recommended for Educators by Educators
"Insanity Is Doing the Same Thing Over and Over Again and Expecting Different Results" - Unknown
The best educators are not content do the same thing year after year. Innovative educators are always looking for something better. They push their thinking and engage in social media connected to teaching and learning; they exploring educational blogs; they engage in teaching & learning conferences; and they explore the newest generation of educational books. This site is all about the incredible books my PLN writes, reads, and explores as we learn and grow as educators together.
In Other Words: Quotes that Push Our Thinking by Rachelle Dean Poth
"There are stories shared by educators with different backgrounds and different perspectives. Rachelle's own experiences and interpretations and the educator vignettes shared by her PLN (Personal or Professional Learning Network) will hopefully push your thinking, inspire you, and provide whatever it is that you need. Her hope is that by sharing their stories, it will inspire you to share yours."
This site will connect teachers to recommended books in the categories below. We placed each recommended book in 1 category, but we realize that many of the books stretch across multiple categories.
- EdTech - Popular books connected to best practices in instructional technology.
- G Suite for Education - Popular books connected to Google for Education.
- Mindsets & Innovation - Popular books exploring innovative teaching practices and mindsets.
- Inquiry Learning - Popular books connected to inquiry in the classroom.
- Curiosity - Popular books connected to curiosity in the classroom.
- Leadership - Popular books connected to educational leadership for administrators and teachers.
- Learning Spaces - Popular books connected to classroom design, learning spaces, and Makerspaces.
- Assessment - Popular books connected to assessment in the classroom.
- Digital Literacy - Popular books connected to digital citizenship, media literacy, and digital learning.
- Picture Books - Popular picture books to engage students in discussions connected to essential skills.
- Learning - Popular books connected to everything else in education including Assessment, Engagement, Learning, School Culture, and Teaching.