Teaching & Learning
Books Every Teacher Should Read
The best educators are not content do the same old thing year after year. Innovative educators push their thinking by engaging in social media, exploring blogs, attending conferences, and exploring the newest generation of educational books. This site is all about the incredible books my PLN writes, reads, and explores as they learn and grow as educators. We will do our best to update these resources as new books are recommended.
School change is never easy, but it is necessary to prepare today’s students for tomorrow’s world.
Our job as educators is no longer to help students memorize a few things they might need someday. Our job is to help students access and use information in ways that are meaningful to them—and to others. This doesn’t mean students don't need schools or teachers; kids need educators as their guides now more than ever. It does mean the priorities and processes of education must change.
This site will connect teachers to recommended books in the categories below. We placed each recommended book in 1 category, but we realize that many of the books stretch across multiple categories.
- EdTech - Popular books connected to best practices in instructional technology.
- G Suite for Education - Popular books connected to Google for Education.
- Mindsets & Innovation - Popular books exploring innovative teaching practices and mindsets.
- Inquiry Learning - Popular books connected to inquiry and curiosity in the classroom.
- Leadership - Popular books connected to educational leadership for administrators and teachers.
- Learning Spaces - Popular books connected to classroom design and Makerspaces.
- Learning - Popular books connected to everything else in education including Assessment, Engagement, Learning, School Culture, Digital Citizenship, and Teaching.