Summer Getaway 2017
Professional Development for School Librarians | The iSchool of Illinois | June 12-14, 2017
Back by popular demand, Summer Getaway 2017 : Professional Development for School Librarians is hosted by the K-12 Licensure Office at the iSchool at Illinois. This unique PD event, held on-campus in Champaign, IL, repeats the well-received format of a daily focus on a single, high-demand topic. Led by school library professionals, each in-depth session offers a relaxed learning environment where authentic dialogue is encouraged.
New this year!
- Each day will conclude with an engaging presentation by an iSchool speaker
- Optional: Invite an administrator to accompany you on Monday, June 12 for our special focus on advocacy and communication.
Topics of focus
Monday, June 12th: Communicate to Advocate
- Facilitators: Allan Davenport, Laura Nylen, Kristen Mattson, and Dawn Vieira, Indian Prairie School District 204, Naperville
- iSchool Speaker: Kate McDowell
Tuesday, June 13th: Facilitate Dynamic Teaching & Learning
- Facilitators: Allison Bava, Hinsdale South High School, Darien (Secondary) & Liz Delzell, Spencer Loomis Elementary, Hawthorn Woods (Elementary)
- iSchool Speaker: Nicole A. Cooke
Wednesday, June 14th: Extend Your Digital Outreach
Register via Eventville. Cost is $75 per day and includes breakfast and lunch. The registration table opens at 8:30 AM daily; each focused session is scheduled from 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM.
Current iSchool MS students may register for #SG17 at the discounted rate of $10 per day!
- Participants may register for 1, 2 or 3 days.
- Invite an administrator to accompany you on Monday, June 12 for an additional $25!
For payment by credit card, register here
For payment by purchase order or check, register here
School of Information Sciences, 501 E. Daniel Street, Champaign, IL 61820