Site Web de la Classe de Madame McGovern
Tuesday, Nov 20: Thanksgiving Feast, in-school celebration
Wednesday, Nov 21: Half-Day Dismissal at 11:50am, beginning of Thanksgiving Break
Thursday, Nov 22 - Friday, Nov 23: No School, Thanksgiving Break
Unified Arts Schedule (12:18 pm - 1:08 pm):
MONDAY - P.E. ("sneaker day")
TUESDAY - Art
WEDNESDAY - Science followed by Library (1:15-1:45) or *MakerSpace (1:15-2:00)
THURSDAY - Music
FRIDAY - French Literacy
*Placentinkers Makerspace is once a month, in the library... where our students will explore, tinker, create, problem solve, and collaborate!
School Lunch 11:40 am - 12:10 pm (options):
Pre-pay-- deposit $ online to student account (visit Town of Holliston website) (Can be used for milk, water, ice cream and lunches)*
Milk money--60 cents
Ice cream--50 cents (FRIDAYS only)*
Small bottled water--35 cents
*Pizza Day is on Wednesdays (Papa Gino's Pizza) (During a short week, it could be changed to Thursday)
*Placentino is now serving ice cream for Kindergartners on FRIDAYS only. Ice cream costs 50 cents and can be purchased after lunch is served. Students are limited to purchasing one ice cream per a day.
Students cannot purchase or charge ice cream if they have a negative balance on their account. Please go to www.myschoolbucks.com to check your child's balance or replenish their account.
A reminder to please show your child where money is packed for buying lunch, or explain to your child when the student ID badge provided at school will be used to charge student account and buy lunch.
*Classroom snacks must be nut-free (see end of page for a list of suggestions); however lunches eaten in the cafeteria do not need to be nut-free. There are designated nut-free sections in the cafeteria.
Kindergarten Homework Guidelines:
Our goal is to ensure homework is meaningful, family friendly, age-appropriate and inspires a love of learning in all students. Reading will be the focus for all students across Placentino.
Students can be read to, read independently or share their reading with another family member (or pet, or stuffed animal). Families are encouraged to read nightly. Remember, there are 3 ways to read a book. You can read the pictures, read the words or retell the story. We hope that the love of a story will spark conversations and promote storytelling.
Daily reading experiences can include asking questions about the pictures in the story. Oral reading aloud to your child in English is an excellent way of helping him/her to develop the prerequisite language skills necessary to becoming a good French language learner!
Class room wish list and donations:
- Disinfectant Wipes (Seventh Generation)
- Paper Towels
- Whiteboard Expo Markers
- Crayola Markers
- Stickers (no English words if possible)
- Pretzels - Bachman Brand (these are made in a nut-free facility)
- Popsicle Brand Popsicles (exclude Bomb Pops and Carnival Flavor)
HOLLISTON ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS SAFE NUT-FREE SNACK SUGGESTIONS*
Please check labels when choosing a nut-free snack for your child's class.
This list was created in partnership with the District Wellness Council. Please click here to view important nutrition information.
FRESH & DRIED FRUITS and VEGETABLES
• Apple (fresh or dried rings)
• Banana (fresh or chips)
• Mango (fresh or dried)
• Pear (fresh or dried)
• Apricots (fresh or dried)
• Strawberries (fresh or dried)
• Blueberries (fresh or dried)
• Raspberries (fresh or dried)
• Pineapple (fresh or dried)
• Papaya (fresh or dried)
• Figs (fresh or dried)
• Honeydew Melon
• Cherries (fresh or dried)
• Fruit-Sweetened Dried Cranberries
• Sugar Snap Peas
• Snow Peas
• Bell Peppers
• Cherry Tomatoes
• Garbanzo Beans
• Roasted Seaweed Snacks
• Kale Chips
• Apple Sauce (cups or squeezers)
• All fruit bars / strips
• Annie’s Really-Peely Fruit Tape
• Clif Kid Organic Twisted Fruit Rope
CRACKERS, CHIPS, POPCORN & GRANOLA (Whole Grain Recommended)**
• Triscuits / Woven Wheat Crackers
• Skinny Pop Popcorn
• Brown Rice Crisps or Rice Cakes
• Blue or Yellow Corn Tortilla Chips
• Whole Grain Pretzels
• Veggie Chips / Sticks
• Pirate’s Booty or Crunchy Corn Sticks
• Whole Grain Animal Crackers
• Whole Wheat Goldfish
• Wheat Thins
• Whole Grain Pita Chips
• Sun Chips
• Whole Grain Crackers
• Annie’s Bunnies
• Whole Wheat Graham Crackers
• Potato Chips
• Whole Grain Muffin
• Peanut- & Tree-Nut-free Granola Bars
OTHER SMART SNACKS**
• Yogurt: Low-Sugar Yogurt, or Plain Yogurt sweetened with honey
• Hummus, Sunbutter or Guacamole (dips for fruit, vegetables, pitas, pretzels)
• Hard-Boiled Eggs
• Cheese Sticks, Cubes or Sliced Cheese
• Raw or Roasted Pumpkin or Sunflower Seeds
*This list is only to serve as resource. It is in no way complete and is subject to manufacturer recalls and mislabeling.
**Always check the label every time to be sure that the item is nut-free and was processed in a nut-free facility. Packaging changes frequently.
Updated May 2018