I would like to welcome you to our Educational Technology Site. I will be updating this page with information regarding the use of technology in your classrooms. I have appreciated the opportunity to touch base with each and every one of you this past year and look forward to this new exciting time as we introduce the current technology offered to us via Chromebooks and Google Suite for Education.
I encourage you to email questions to me at email@example.com.
Instructional Technology Coach
- KAMI/Annotating (updated 10/2017) - based on feedback from teachers, KAMI has been chosen as the District wide annotating tool - please make sure you have gotten the Kami extension on your device - (Chrome Webstore)
- Apps - With your account you have the required permissions to add apps to your Chromebook. Please take advantage of this time to explore various apps that you may find beneficial for use with your students. The apps are available on the Google Web Store. Web Store can be accessed through various areas, it can be reached on the apps page when you press the search key (magnifying glass key) on your Chromebook keyboard. If you wish to have an app available for your students, you will need to fill out an App Request Form. Once the app is approved it will then be added to Gateway Apps where the students can then access and add.
- Printing - Updated 8/2017 - With Google Apps (for Education), we are provided with unlimited Google Drive storage, and with Google Classroom and LMS, we are able to share our documents and digital media without a need to print or use of portable storage devices such as flash drives. We encourage you to try some of these new features, but if you feel that you still need to print, please follow the instructions in this link for our current printing method: How to Print from a Chromebook
- Cast - (Displaying your Chromebook to desktop computer i.e. TV, Promethean board) Select the lower right hand corner of your Chromebook (pic you selected for yourself), from menu select cast and then the device you wish to cast to.
- Storage/Charging - Cabinets will be updated/modified throughout the summer by IT Staff.
- Chrome Remote Desktop - allows you to display and control your desktop (teacher computer) on your Chromebook. This is available on an a request basis, please submit an IT Ticket.
- NetOp Vision - (replacement for AirWatch) allows us (via Google Classroom) to monitor our students Chromebooks on the teacher device. Student Chromebook management.
- CLEVER - Will allow students to sign in to Chromebook by using a badge (QR code). (K-5th)
- GMAIL - our email has been migrated over from Office 365, please check your email from the gmail app from here on out - Recommended - If you wish to use your school email on your mobile device you are encouraged to use the GMAIL app.
- Google Sites - Currently being used for/by staff for exchange/delivery of info and data between staff only. Currently Google is in beta testing of the newest version. Google Sites Classic is the older version and has not YET been eliminated by Google.
- File Conversion - Setting in Google Drive that will allow you to save a copy of word or excel as a google doc or sheet
- Student Chromebooks - K-1st grade will have the exact Chromebooks as teachers and staff (Lenovo N23 Yoga). 2nd-12th grade students will have Lenovo N22 Chromebooks - these do not convert to tablet mode (only open 180 degrees) (they are all touch screen) (they have a carrying handle).
- Headphones - same devices as previously used with iPad
- Mouse - It is not included with our Chromebooks. It is up to the individual sites as to whether or not a mouse will be provided.