Unit 2 -Perception & Sensation
Crash Course Episode 5 - Sensation and Perception
Crash Course Episode 6 - Homunculus
Crash Course Episode #7 - Perceiving Is Believing
Video Reviews - watch the videos below on the unit content content and complete the questions listed on the Google Form
• What are the implications of having the ability to attend selectively to stimuli?
• What are the implications of sensory information not getting transformed and delivered to the brain properly?
• Why are thresholds important to our ability to interact with the world around us?
• How does sensory adaptation help people live day-to-day?
• What are some benefits and drawbacks of perceptual set?
• How influential is context on our sensation and perception?
Emotion and Motivation
• What are the implications of emotions
The Stimulus Input: Light Energy
• How is light important to vision?
• What are the most important aspects of light that make vision possible?
• What are the most important aspects of the eye that make vision possible?
Visual Information Processing
• How do feature detectors and parallel processing affect our visual perception?
• How do we see colour?
• Why do we organize visual information in particular ways?
• How does this type of organization help us understand the world around us?
• How does losing or regaining vision affect perception?
• How does perceptual adaptation help us day-to-day?
The Stimulus Input: Sound Waves
• How are sound waves important to hearing?
• What are the most important aspects of sound waves that make hearing possible?
• What aspects of the ear make hearing possible?
• Is touch a sensory system that is taken for granted?
• What is the importance of pain in our lives?
• How does our sense of taste affect other aspects of our lives?
• What is the importance of smell in daily life?
Body Position and Movement
• How can knowing about our body position and movement be important?
• Why is sensory interaction important?