AVRCE Virtual Advanced placement
What IS THE VIRTUAL ap PROGRAM?
The Virtual Advanced Placement (AP) Program offered by the AVRCE is an effort to bring advanced level courses to schools that may not have the number of students to warrant such a class or where timetable conflicts prevent students from taking a particular class. Each course follows the College Board AP Curriculum guidelines and is a unique combination of virtual video conferencing and on-site activities that includes labs, field trips and special presentations.
VIRTUAL AP BROCHURE
What are the advantages TO taking ap?
- Pursue university level coursework while still in high school
- Enhance student chances of winning university scholarships.
- More universities are giving preference to students who have AP courses on their high school transcript.
- Receive university credit for courses that you take in high school. Many universities offer credit or advanced standing for students who receive appropriate marks on their AP exams.
- Students study subjects in greater depth. AP courses use university texts and follow an advanced curriculum which prepares students for university courses.
- Students demonstrate scholarship on a national and international level.
- AP students are seen as academic leaders in their school.