Here are the "must-haves" for an effective Physical Universe investigation:
- Most of the projects submitted in this category will be traditional scientific investigations. Use of the scientific method is expected.
- Please include a log of your progress through your whole process. This can be in electronic form or using a log-book.
- Your display should summarize all of your work through the process and needs to highlight each step in the scientific method.
- Please include graphs and/or images where appropriate.
- Include materials lists, cited sources for research, procedures, etc.
"Science is a dynamic and iterative process which is not adequately represented by simple linear recipes."
The diagram below, produced at UC Berkeley, is a more accurate view of how scientists do their work than the traditional scientific method. Click here to use a tool that allows you to document the process of producing your STEM Expo project. You can even save this file to use in your final STEM Expo presentation! For more on how science works, watch this video!