Fun Things To See And Do At STEM Expo
STEM Expo features student projects, exciting presentations, exhibits and hands-on activities!
Fun for the whole family - and it's free! Come and join us!
Student projects and exhibitor booths open from 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm on Wednesday, April 3rd, 2019.
This year's exhibitors include:
- Idea Fab Labs, Chico: 3-D printers, makerspace, and more!
- Orland Free Library: Virtual reality, coding, and 3-D printing
- Transfer Flow, Chico: Manufacturing, electrical engineering
- GCOE SPARK Program: Piper computer kits
- Butte College Makerspace: Drone racing and obstacle course
- EdTech BCOE: Coding robots with science applications
- Gateway Science Museum, Chico: Mammal skulls and teeth!
- Catlynn Zaro's 5th Grade Class, Fairview Elementary: Maker station
Raffles will occur throughout the night with science museum ticket packages from some of our regional donors:
Special Awards will be given out throughout the evening from local supporting organizations:
- Gateway Science Museum
- Glenn County Farm Bureau
- Sacramento National Wildlife Refuge
- Glenn County Resource Conservation District
Like last year, our attending audience (YOU!) will choose award winners in the following categories:
- Most creative use of materials
- Most effort applied
- Most innovative
- Most likely to make a difference
- People's Choice
*This year there will be no formal awards ceremony at the end of the evening event on April 3rd. All awards will be given out throughout the evening event or at the students' schools in the following days.