What is Future Business Leaders of America?
A nonprofit educational association of students preparing for careers in business and business related fields. There are currently over 250,000 active members who participate in more than 13,000 chartered chapters in 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, U.S. Territories, Canada, and Department of Defense Schools worldwide. FBLA’s National Awards Program recognizes and rewards excellence in a broad range of business and career related skills. Through regional, state, and national based competitions, students compete in events testing their business knowledge and skills.
Washington FBLA is committed to preparing today's middle and high school students to become the business and community leaders of tomorrow. Over 4,000 students from 160 chapters around the state participate in events, conferences, and competitions. Students gain critical business skills, complete community service projects, network with businesses, and learn the leadership skills that are in high demand in the workplace. More than any other Career & Technical Student Organization (CTSO), Washington FBLA is student-driven. Students choose to compete in several of over 70 different competitive events across the career skill spectrum. Students can also run for Chapter, State, and even National offices.
The mission of Washington FBLA is to educate and network next generation entrepreneurs and business leaders in Washington State. We focus on bridging the gap between business and education through innovative leadership and career development opportunities. We build programs that focus on teaching 21st Century leadership skills for our youth in middle and high schools. We work toward giving students the opportunity to participate in competitive events, community service projects, and leadership development opportunities that build their skills in real and practical ways, and allow them to network with some of the best business people and entrepreneurs in our region.
- Develop Good People, Create Great Leaders - Everything we do should model great behavior that our next generation leaders aspire to emulate.
- Operate with Ethics and Integrity - Be transparent, open, and honest about matters, and ensure we do the right thing for the good of the whole organization.
- Grow, Learn, Achieve - In a pathway to growing our membership, we will value learning and achieving new levels of performance that build our brand, our team, and ourselves
- Mindset of Service - We do our work with an attitude and mindset of service to others. We focus on creating value for our members, advisors, communities, sponsors, and volunteers who help us reach our goals
- Collaborative Teamwork - We are one great team, and we work together to achieve success. Our presumption is that positive intent exists within each of us with the goal to make Washington FBLA excellent.
- Embrace Adventure - Our work is fun and engaging. We work through challenges and build on our mistakes. We are able to speak freely, be authentic, and enjoy the spirit of adventure in our activities.