Budapest | 2020
Pre Conference Jan 23 | Main Conference Jan 24-25
What a Great Weekend!
Thanks to all of you who helped us learn and grow at #ELMLEBudapest! But the learning isn't over yet! Let's keep this conversation going! What have you tried out? What have you put in place? What resources have you started using? Let us know! We'd love to share your story to inspire others! Email us at email@example.com or tag us on social media using @ELMLENews, ELMLE League, or #ELMLEBudapest!
Presenter Resources and Handouts
You can find the direct link to each presenter's handouts on the Whova App in their session description. You can see all presenters' handouts here!
What's New at ELMLE in 2020?
ELMLE aims to be one of the most innovative and creative conferences available to middle school educators, and to do this we are going to shake things up this year!
We started planning this year’s conference by wondering about possibilities - both for the conference and for our middle schools. We wondered...How might we reimagine our conference to engage delegates in a 3-day conversation about what MS could be? How might we build a community of learners around a common focus?
We landed on our focus for this year by exploring these possibilities, and the theme of “What if…?” developed. What if... a conference were a place where you could build a lasting network of colleagues, develop and dream together, and hold each other accountable to goals? What if... we designed for the powerful outcomes of our conference instead of leaving them to chance? What if... the learning from our conference could last well beyond the weekend? What if... we involved students in the conversation? What if... we could measure the impact of our learning together?
We’re excited to explore these questions and more with you at #ELMLEBudapest. The Steering Committee is taking a very intentional approach to designing this year’s conference, and we hope you'll be a part of the conversation.
Budapest | 2020
The ELMLE Steering Committee is preparing for an innovative conference in Budapest in 2020. It will be our third conference in the Pearl of the Danube. Plan to join us January 23-25, 2020!
We're designing an updated conference for you. Check out what you can expect:
- Inspiration is important to drive initial action as quickly as possible. So we need to help every speaker and participant understand how they can present their ideas to leave everyone with Inspiration + Possibility.
- Networking is important: being with our tribe, forming a team. We're designing structures for this to make sure everyone is able to participate in this way so that they can continue to inspire our kids.
- The story of the event itself should be coherent. We're designing for one storyline to bind each and every session so that we're all engaged in the conversation about what middle school could be.
- The conference provides a time to focus, but in the months around it, ELMLE will use its network and newsletter to share interesting stories of impact from members, speakers, and participants.
- We want to make sure that some of the biggest ideas emerging around the event continue to be developed, and become 2021’s Big Thing. To do this, we're designing ways for participants to identify and build on those "Big Ideas Worth Sharing" (to steal from TED).
- Great facilitation provides amazing learning for teachers in itself - it’s more than content. So for every format, we'll make sure we help presenters do their best work, and learn something new for themselves in the process.
- Share your practice! ELMLE presenters receive a discount. The call for presenters is closed for this year, but think about what you'd like to present next year in Malta! Check out the list of exciting sessions here!
- You can receive a discount on your ELMLE registration by writing an article and having it released in one of our publications! Earn a €50 credit for an article in ELMLE's ELMLE News or a €100 credit for a more extensive article in Bridge in the Middle. Contact our Communications Manager, Michelle Mugatha for more information.
- Pre-Conference - 150 EUR (members), 200 EUR (non-members)
- Conference - 385 EUR (members), 510 (non-members)
General schedule overview
- Thursday, January 23 - 9:00-16:00 - Pre Conference Sessions at AIS Budapest
- Friday, January 24 - 9:00-16:15 - Main Conference at AIS Budapest
- Saturday, January 25 - 9:00-16:15 - Main Conference at AIS Budapest
- Saturday, January 25 - 19:00-22:00 - Closing Gala on the Európa Cruise Ship
All Pre Conference and Main Conference days include lunch.