Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist / Trauma Recovery Therapist
Schedule an appointment by phone or email:
"Because you and I need to believe in ourselves more than we believe in discouraging and hopeless messages; THAT is why I work with individuals and their families. Together we can create a nurturing and supportive environment so we can examine the extent of the damage. We will repair broken building blocks in order to create stronger bridges to a better today and tomorrow. Until you have learned to believe in yourself, I would be honored to hold a sacred space so you may develop this essential skill. I believe in you; soon you will believe in yourself too.
You will learn how to utilize mind (talk, play, explore), body (movement, nutrition, sleep, and exercise), and spirit (mindfulness, hope) to heal from the past, act in the present, and cultivate a healthy future. The end result will be a mastery of your personal self-believing, family connectedness, and daily life successes; all by your own hands, heart, and head.
One cannot exist (yin) without the other (yang). I strive to harmonize all contrasting sides in order to promote a beautiful equilibrium between mind, body, and spirit, or professional and personal, struggles/weakness and strength, or past, present, and future. This approach promotes wisdom, acceptance, courage, and strength within each individual and each family."
Vishwani (Deepa)Ram-Souza is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT) and Clinical Fellow of the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT). She specializes in working with families, couples, and individuals of diverse backgrounds.
Deepa completed her Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and Masters of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy from the Minnesota School of Professional Psychology / Argosy University, Twin Cities, Minnesota. She is co-owner and Trauma Recovery Therapy provider at Elemental Guidance, LLC.
In addition, Deepa currently serves as Chair of the Social Media Committee and East Hawai'i Chapter Representative for American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy - Hawai'i (AAMFT-HI). She hosts monthly gatherings for professional networking and community building.
Deepa recently began her teaching adventures with Argosy University - Hilo, Maui, and Honolulu as Adjunct Faculty in the Masters of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy program.
She is providing telehealth services with HanaHealth and supervision with local agencies.
Issues treated in Trauma Recovery Therapy (R):
anxiety, panic attacks, rage, depression, eating, sexual issues, cutting, divorce, isolation, substance abuse ,grief and loss, neglect, abandonment, worry, impatience, irritability, hopelessness, anhedonia, family conflict ,manic emotions, procrastination,, loss of self-worth, hoarding, social anxiousness, violence, auto-immune issues, feeling 'stuck', lack of motivation, stinkin' thinkin', existential purpose, ....among a few.
Question: Is Therapy Right For You / Your Child / Your Family / Your Marriage?
Answer: Let's find out your ACE score and it will tell you the answer to this question.
Prior to your 18th birthday:
1. Did a parent or other adult in the household often or very often swear at you, insult you, put you down, or humiliate you? or Act in a way that made you afraid that you might be physically hurt? Yes ___ No ___
2. Did a parent or other adult in the household often or very often push, grab, slap, or throw something at you? or Ever hit you so hard that you had marks or were injured? Yes ___ No ___
3. Did an adult or person at least 5 years older than you, while you were under the age of 18, ever touch or fondle you or have you touch their body in a sexual way? or Attempt or actually have oral, anal, or vaginal intercourse with you? Yes ___ No ___
4. Did you often or very often feel that no one in your family loved you or thought you were important or special? or Your family didn’t look out for each other, feel close to each other, or support each other? Yes ___ No ___
5. Did you often or very often feel that you didn’t have enough to eat, had to wear dirty clothes, and had no one to protect you? or Your parents were too drunk or high to take care of you or take you to the doctor if you needed it? Yes ___ No ___
6. Were your parents ever separated or divorced? Yes ___ No ___
7. Was your mother or stepmother often or very often pushed, grabbed, slapped, or had something thrown at her? or Sometimes, often, or very often kicked, bitten, hit with a fist, or hit with something hard? or Ever repeatedly hit over at least a few minutes or threatened with a gun or knife? Yes ___ No ___
8. Did you live with anyone who was a problem drinker or alcoholic, or who used street drugs?
Yes ___ No ___
9. Was a household member depressed or mentally ill, or did a household member attempt suicide? Yes ___ No ___
10. Did a household member go to prison? Yes ___ No ___
Total number of "Yes" ____.
If your score is one or above and you have never seen a therapist or are currently experiencing medical, mental, and spiritual struggles, then make that important appointment today.