Welcome to the EBR Early CHILDHOOD COMMUNITY Network!
Who We Are and What We Do
EBR ECCN COVID-19 UPDATE
The EBR Early Childhood Department is committed to being available for your questions and concerns. Please see the following updates due to the COVID-19 Virus:
- You may accept seats electronically through PowerSchool. If you need assistance with accepting a seat electronically, please email Eslewis@ebrschools.org or Kbrooks2@ebrschools.org.
- The online pre-k application is open and documents may be uploaded online. Please upload the correct documentation so that your processing won't be delayed.
- Due to the Stay-At-Home order, school closures, and CDC Guidelines, we are not conducting Pre-K screenings at this time. However, ALL applications with the correct documentation will be processed. We will screen when schools re-open.
- For additional pre-k application questions or concerns, please see contact information below:
- We are available to answer your concerns. See contact information below:
- Tanecha Dunn (email@example.com)
- Lakesha Reese-Penn (Lpenn1@ebrschools.org or 225-726-0674
- Both EBR TOTS Machines are unavailable due to building closures. Please contact your provider for additional information.
- ALL CLASS observations (Local and 3rd Party), will be suspended for the remainder of the 2019-2020 School year.
- LDOE will compare this current year's CLASS data with last year's CLASS data and give each site the higher Performance Profile score.
- LDOE will process Score Appeals where approved.
- Updated GOLD ECE Guidance: On March 20, LDOE received federal approval to waive assessment requirements for the remainder of the 2019-2020 school year. Teaching Strategies GOLD® documentation for the May checkpoint will not be required.
- Updated GOLD® OSEP Guidance: TS GOLD® OSEP Administrators should follow the same process for completing intended exit assessments for any children that would have been exited as a result of a withdrawal from ECSE services or within six weeks of the child’s 6th birthday. Administrators are encouraged to use any data collected during Winter checkpoint and input into the OSEP license to use as a final rating for this school year. Even if an administrator is exiting the child now, an exit assessment should include the end of the school year date and all ratings should be finalized before completing the exit assessment.
- As schools and so many centers have closed due to the events surrounding COVID-19, centers and teachers will not be penalized for not finalizing checkpoint, even if they have entered documentation for the spring period.
~ Shenoa T. Webb, Early Childhood Executive Director (Swebb6@ebrschools.org or 225-892-2301)
CLICK LINKS BELOW FOR LDOE UPDATES
Pre-K Applications (COVID Update)
We are still taking applications! Our early childhood application is completely online and we are continuing to process applications remotely. Please click the link below to apply and upload all documents. Please be sure to upload accurate documents to reduce the need for corrections. The final step for the application process requires students to be screened at the first choice school site. These screenings will resume at the student's first choice school when we return.
Please email Eslewis@ebrschools.org or Lgriffin5@ebrschools.org for questions.
The East Baton Rouge Parish Early Childhood Community Network consists of:
- 43 East Baton Rouge Parish Public Elementary Schools
- 2 Dedicated PK/K Centers
- City of Baker Schools
- 4 NSECD/Private Schools
- 4 Charter Schools
- EBR Early Head Start
- EBR Head Start
- YWCA Early Head Start
- over 80 Childcare Centers
- 14 Supporting Community Partner Organizations
Since 2014, our network has implemented five key strategies to ensure that more children enter Kindergarten ready to succeed. Those strategies are:
- Unifying expectations for high quality teaching and early learning (Birth to Five Standards)
- Supporting teachers and providers to reach expectations (Professional Development)
- Measuring and recognizing progress (CLASS & GOLD Assessments)
- Funding providers that serve children well (Performance Profile Ratings)
- Providing clear information and high quality choices to families (Coordinated Information & Enrollment Campaign)