Restorative Practices and Discipline Policy
We believe in community at EBA and support an equitable, sharing community of learners because the skills required to ensure this involves personal development, an empathetic, listening ear, and the tools necessary for self-regulation and for making ongoing contributions.
School Values and Discipline at EBA
Our school values center on REDEMPTION & Restoration, LOVE meaning pushing and supporting one another to be our best selves, and COMMUNITY and Collaboration toward shared goals. These values are reflected in our priorities this year which are: strengthening our culture of Restorative Practices & Discipline, creating a school-wide Advisory program to support students toward social emotional and academic mastery and creating a Reading Revolution in our school so that all of us are reaching for the best possible future.
Restorative Justice Goals
- Staffulty will understand that we have a restorative stance and know how to communicate with people who can support this when they struggle in this area.
- Staffulty will know how to take clear, effective, preventative steps to avoid escalating situations through the disciplinary ladder of referral.
Restorative Justice Resources
- “Cheat sheet” for preventative actions in the classroom
- Actions to build relationships through thoughtful re-entry after conflict
- Dramatically reduce the number of suspensions school-wide
- Dramatically reduce the number of classroom removals school-wide
- Keep suspension of students with disabilities to below 10 days for the school year