The Doon School Round Square Leadership Training Programme-2018
The Doon School annual Regional Round Square Leadership Programme has gained much popularity over the years. The programme comprises of the following components:
- Ice breakers and team activities.
- Adventure and outdoor activities – adventure with its element of risk and excitement brings forth undiscovered leadership qualities in individuals.
- De-briefs – Activities are followed by a discussions for students to understand their strength and weaknesses as individuals and in a team.
The programme is conducted at Maldevta farms, at the foothills of the Himalayas. Living in tents close to nature brings out different aspects of individuals. Furthermore, sharing tents with students from different schools not only encourages students to make long lasting friendships but also to look out for each other and take charge. The discussions encourage reflection and provide opportunities for students to do – reflect - act – improve resulting in long lasting learning.
What is The Doon School Round Square Leadership Programme ?
MORE UPDATES FROM DOON
- The Doon School Leadership Training Programme-2018 (4th October to 7th October 2018)
- For official website of Round Square, click here
- For Kit list click here
- Final schedule is now available, click here for more information
- In the Making of Leadership@Doon, Click here to know more
- Day-1 Orientation programme & HM's Dinner (Click here for the image gallery)
- Day-2 Outdoor adventure activities, leadership discussions, short plays & bonfire (Click here for the image gallery
- Click here for Day-3 and Day-4 pictures
Round Square schools encourage their students to develop a spirit of Internationalism: To seek out, discover and embrace the similarities and differences between cultures and nationalities in ways that promote meaningful and lasting understanding and respect
Round Square schools encourage their students to develop a Spirit of Democracy: a sense of equality, fairness, justice and a desire to do what is right for the greater good.
Round Square schools encourage their students to develop a spirit of Environmentalism: understanding our place in the universe, the forces that shape our surroundings and the impact we have on those surroundings.
For Round Square a Spirit of Adventure is characterised by those who push themselves beyond their perceived limits, cross boundaries & discover that they are capable of more than they thought.
For Round Square a Spirit of Leadership recognises that successful leaders are driven by a desire to be of service to others and to nurture, guide, develop and help them to improve and succeed.
For Round Square a Spirit of Service celebrates personal development through practical experience that brings sustainable support & benefit to others.
SOURCE: Living the Round Square IDEALS