Western CT Academy for International Studies
Elementary Magnet School
201 University Boulevard Danbury, CT 06811
PHONE: 203-778-7462 ATTENDANCE: 203-778-7466
Mr. Christopher Roche, Principal
AIS in the News!
May 17, 2018 - Western Connecticut Academy for International Studies has been named a 2018 Green Ribbon School for its environmentally sustainable practices by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Tuesdays & Thursdays - AIS Spring Walking Club; front bus door opens at 7:50 a.m., walk rain or shine 8:00 - 8:30 a.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays, parents welcome to help out or walk!
- Tuesday, May 22 - 3:30 p.m. dismissal (school calendar change)
- Friday, May 25 - 8:30 - 3:30 school day for students (school calendar change)
- Monday, May 28 - SCHOOL CLOSED, Memorial Day
- Tuesday, June 5 - Grade 5 Concert @ 7:00 p.m.
- Friday, June 29 - Last day of school for students -1:25 p.m. dismissal (school calendar change)
Photo: Carol Kaliff / Hearst Connecticut Media
AIS in the News!
Rick Asselta speaks to students at the AIS Magnet School Wednesday, May 9, 2018, about his project to raise money for honeybee kits for Puerto Rico. Asselta has lived in Puerto Rico for several years with his wife, who is from the island.
Read article here
Regular Hours: 8:55 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
1 Hour Early Release Day: 8:55 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Scheduled Early Dismissal: 8:55 a.m. - 1:25 p.m.
2 Hour Delay: 10:55 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Weather/Emergency Dismissal: 8:55 a.m. - 12:20 p.m.
CHANGES IN YOUR CHILD'S DISMISSAL PROCEDURE
For changes in dismissal, you must call the school at 203-778-7462 before noon and speak to the school secretary. Please do not email your child's teacher with dismissal changes (teachers are busy teaching or may have a substitute) and please do not leave a voice message which may not be heard in time.
Unless otherwise notified by parent/guardian, the Danbury Board of Education will allow students to have photographs taken and used in the newspaper, videotapes, electronically including our website, and other publications. A form for such objection is below. Such written objection shall be valid for only one school year.
Directory Information Consent Form (for the 2018-2019 school year, please submit by 9/30/18)
Disclaimer: the AIS webmaster seeks to ensure that all content and information published at this website is current and accurate. In addition, the webmaster cannot be held responsible for the contents of any externally linked pages or individual teacher sites.
updated May 17, 2018