Student Support Services
Meet our Counselors
6th Grade: Natasha Fairman
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- About me: This is my 4th year at Jay M Robinson and I feel so grateful to be supporting our students! Prior to being a School Counselor, I worked as a Mental Health Counselor at a child/adolescent psychiatric hospital. I am originally from Pennsylvania, where I received my undergrad in Psychology at Clarion University of Pennsylvania. Once I moved to Charlotte, I received my Master's in School Counseling from Capella University. Things that I enjoy are traveling as much as possible, scuba diving, being active outside or in the gym, and finding new recipes on Pinterest!
- School Counselor Student Referral Form https://forms.gle/FFHgz7uQ3bkhHVBm8
7th Grade: Gigi Jenouri
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
8th Grade: Lisa Smith
- Contact Email: Lisar.email@example.com
- About me: I grew up in North Carolina and graduated from Appalachian State. I feel pretty lucky to be married to a graduate of Appalachian State and also lucky to have a son who is a student there. We love Boone! This will be my 28th year of working as a middle school counselor. The thing I love most about the job is the feeling of helping others, and also that every day is different. I love to read, visiting the beach or the mountains, and spending time with my family. I am excited to be a part of the JMR staff!
Jay M. Robinson is excited announce a new initiative entitled Rachel’s Challenge. Rachel’s Challenge has reached over 25 million people around the world with a message of kindness and compassion, and the impact on our school community was no different. Our student body participated in a student assembly program and was challenged to create a chain reaction of kindness by using his or her voice to make a positive impact on the school community and beyond. A leadership club, FOR (Friends of Rachel,) kept the mission alive by coordinating events such as “Mix It Up Day,” “Kindness Week,” teacher letters of gratitude, as well as developing lessons and videos for the entire student body to view during Boost time. We look forward to continuing the initiative with Rachel’s Legacy in the 2019-2020 school year.
Every Month Counselors Mix it Up at Lunch to promote the core beliefs of Rachel's Challenge
Rachel's Challenge Presentation
Best Buddies Ice Cream Event