The Clayton Ridge Teacher
TEACHER LEADERSHIP COMMUNITY
Clayton Ridge CSD is a climate that encourages professional growth for classroom teachers. There is a common expectation of excellence and success within the classroom walls. This success is best served by the classroom teacher. This District's commitment to the learning process for all students involves: assessing learning targets, planning instructional delivery and setting standards-based instructional goals, in order to effectively teach all students. This type of instructional practice will be served and supported through the implementation of our teacher leadership community.
"Amazing things happen when a school staff shares the belief that they are able to achieve collective goals ad overcome challenges to impact student achievement."Citation: Donohoo, J. (2017). Collective efficacy: how educators' beliefs impact student learning. Thousand Oaks, CA: Corwin.
What are we about?
- Clarify essential outcomes by grade or course
- Establish targets and benchmarks
- Develop common assessments
- Analyze results
- Plan for instruction and improvement strategies
Four Essential Questions….
- What do students need to know and be able to do?
- How will we know when they have learned it?
- What will be we do when they have not learned it?
- What will we do when they already know it?