- Sex and Unisex: Fashion, Feminism, and the Sexual Revolution by Jo B. Paoletti
- Sex and Suits: The Evolution of Modern Dress by Anne Hollander
- Dress and Identity edited by Mary Ellen Roach-Higgins, Joanne B. Eicher, Kim K.P. Johnson
- Pink and Blue: Telling the Boys from the Girls in America by Jo B. Paoletti
- The Gendered Object by Pat Kirkham
Online Reading List:
- Jo B. Paoletti's Blog "Pink is for Boys"
- The Pink Tax: Why Women's Products Often Cost More
- How His'n'Her Ponchos Became A Thing: A History Of Unisex Fashion
- Dude, You're A Fag: Masculinity and Sexuality in High School by C.J Pascoe
Online Video/Alternative Media List:
- GENDERED MARKETING | The Checkout (VIDEO)
- "Let Hillary Be Hillary" Samantha Bee Episode
- Unnecessary Gendering in Products (Buzzfeed list)
- Sexual Assault Survivors Answer The Question “What Were You Wearing When You Were Assaulted?” (Tweets)
Bibliography of this site:
Bliss, Catherine. "What is she wearing? Gender division and the dilemmas of female agency in television news." Critical Studies In Fashion & Beauty 6, no. 1 (June 2015): 7-25
Hollander, Anne. 1994. Sex and suits. New York: Knopf.
Kirkham, Pat. 1996. The gendered object. Manchester, UK: Manchester University Press.
Kuchta, David. 2002. The Three-Piece Suit and Modern Masculinity: England, 1550–1850. California: University of California Press.
Roach-Higgins, Mary Ellen, Joanne Bubolz Eicher, and Kim K. P. Johnson. 1995. Dress and identity. New York: Fairchild Publications.
Tannehill, Brynn. “Call the (Gender) Police!” February 20, 2014 last modified February 2, 2016. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/brynn-tannehill/call-the-gender-police_b_4815479.html
Von Busch, Otto, and Ylva Bjereld. "A typology of fashion violence." Critical Studies In Fashion & Beauty 7, no. 1 (June 2016): 89-107.
Webber, Harry. Divide and Conquer: Target your customers through market segmentation. (New York: John Wiley & Sons, 1998).